By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - What is stopping Microsoft from making Halo: CE online play capable?

I mean, we can do this with older games, why not Halo? It really seems to be the only thing missing.

Around the Network

Why Halo 1? No one plays that game anymore...besides all the servers are being used for Halo 3, soon to be Halo: ODST then for the Halo Reach beta.

yeah, there is really no point. Use XBC if you want to play C.E. online.

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

Sony is

If I can play older games online, why not Halo: CE? I guarantee people will play. I'm not the only one who finds Halo: CE to be the superior game of the trilogy.

Around the Network

Yeah, Halo CE would do well over Live. Many people enjoy its gameplay more than the later 2. I am not in that crowd however.

you could play CE online back in the day, through some game service, it tricked the xbox into thinking it was a LAN connection... only tried it once or twice but it worked...

also yea id play it, some of the maps on that one were way better then later maps

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

goddog said:
you could play CE online back in the day, through some game service, it tricked the xbox into thinking it was a LAN connection... only tried it once or twice but it worked...

also yea id play it, some of the maps on that one were way better then later maps

Hang 'Em High is my all time favorite multiplayer map.

Alot Halo CE was never coded for online play. They would need to remake most of the game like Gearbox did for the PC (Which turned out shitty) and a low fps/lag fest.

I would rather Bungie focus on making Reach better then remaking Halo CE.

Lack of potential profit probably, is it worth their time?