By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - You want it! You got it! MECH WARRIOR 4 coming to X360/PC!!

1 - its MechWarrior 5, not 4. 4 came out in 2000
2 - Its not a 360 exclusive, its coming to PC as well.
3 - Can't wait to play. If they make use of multicores, could make for some interesting configs

Around the Network
bardicverse said:
1 - its MechWarrior 5, not 4. 4 came out in 2000
2 - Its not a 360 exclusive, its coming to PC as well.
3 - Can't wait to play. If they make use of multicores, could make for some interesting configs

Not this crap again god **** it! Look it is exclusive to the Xbox 360 console case closed! End of story! Enough beating on the dead horse already! I swear people don't learn when to give up a losing battle. LOL

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

^^^ You can say it till you're blue in the face, it doesn't make you right. Exclusivity is only when the game features on ONE system alone, without any other option. As a developer, I think I have more of a solid definition of exclusivity than you.

never heard of Mech Warrior, got to see this.

mechwarrior looks like chromehounds in a way, i will deffo pass on this.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network
Skeeuk said:
 i will deffo pass on this.

I think you should. You would definately hate it.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Chromehounds wishes it was Mechwarrior.

I did not reaize garage games had ties to Dynamix. I really miss that developer.Mechwarrior, Earthsiege, Starsiege, Betrayal at Krondor, Red Baron, A-10 Tank Killer ahh good times good times.

I agree with Blizzid the original Mechwarriors story was top notch and captured a bit of what it felt like to play MW PnP.

GarageGames was founded by Jeff Tunnell, who was the co-founder of Dynamix in the 1980's.

Damon Syle, was the other founder of Dynamix. He works for/founded Mad Otter games, which produces games for InstantAction, GarageGame's browser based gaming platform.

GarageGames now owns a decent bit of the Dynamix IP's that Activision now owns....Such as the Starsiege universe. Gotta say that there are going to be a few big announcements about IPs and updates concerning GarageGames in the near future Good things, too.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

scat398 said:
mechwarrior was one of the first computer games I really got into. I'm really excited this will be coming to the 360. And the time setting predates the original so new players can pick up the storyline, which is a great idea.

That's true, the Succession Wars era (Post Star League Collapse (2750) to the 4th Succession War (3028) is usually referred to as the Succession Wars era) is one of the least complicated eras to get into Battletech (the tabletop game that the MechWarrior, MechAssault, and MechCommander games are based on). But not including the Clans (who first appeared in the Inner Sphere in 3050) will alienate a lot of hard core Battletech fans - fortunately (or unfortunately from my point of view) there aren't really that many Battletech fans (relatively speaking to 360 owners).

I'm hoping this game will help revive Battletech (which suffered after the widely unpopular series reboot called MechWarrior: Dark Age, but has been doing better and better under the Classic Battletech (CBT) name)

For those who don't know Battletech was originally released in 1984 and enjoys a very devout cult following. The series was originally set in the year 3025 but has evolved and branched to many different eras.

The Main Eras are

2571-2750 - The Star League

2750-3050 - The Succession Wars

3050 - 3067 - The Clan Invasion until the end of the Truce of Tukkayid

3067-3076 The Word of Blake Jihad (the current date in CBT is 3076)

3130+ The Dark Ages (kinda a spinoff of Battletech called MechWarrior: Dark Ages is set in 3130 and up)

The Battletech universe is incredibly in depth (and as you might have guessed I am a big fan)

Currently dreaming of: DKC4 or Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (classic 2D platformers) for WiiWare, Smash Bros. for DSi, New Super Mario World for DSi, a Wii remake or true sequel of Final Fantasy Tactics.

One down, hopefully more awesomeness to come.

Ill pass on this.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB