By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I think alot of late adopters got turned on to this in the 2nd week simply bcoz of the controls thing.

It will be interesting to see what the reaction to fps's on PS360 will be, from a reviewer and user perspective, after a certain percentage have played around with wiimote controls. It started with the RE4/5 reactions, it continues with the Conduit.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network

Wouldn't it be great if the game became a massive blockbuster hit and broke records all over the place? What if it sold over five million? Only in our dreams, but it would make the Nintendo playing field a lot different.

i really have no idea how much this will sell

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Is there even a core game on Wii that has sold less then 1m with US a opening week of over 50k or more? I don't think so!

The Conduit has sold more then most of the third party core games in the top 50 list counting first week sales. Even second week sales is high compared to most third party core games on top 50.

I won't say The Conduit will sell a million or more, current times is a bit different thanks to economical problems in the world and maybe some people has gone tired of waiting for good games on Wii that should have been out 2 years ago. But if this was the same time last year, I would say The Conduit could sell 1.5-3 million with a opening like this. Nowdays I will just say that is should sell more then a million.

RolStoppable said:
Ari_Gold said:
Graves said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
Graves said:
@ alfredofroylan
Yeah... and there was ton of The Conduit threads.

Either way Killzone 2 sold considerably more the first week in the US alone.

They aren't the fraction of the amount of Killzone 2 threads which we've been seeing since 2005.

And Killzone 2 had lackluster sales considering that it was the second coming.

Apparently you don't remember the threads of people predicting Conduit would sell 3-4M.

you probably mean this one. http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=49223

Graves, Ari_Gold, you two got preemptively owned by Torillian.

It's funny how Graves nor Ari_Gold even acknowledge this little gem.

Around the Network

So breaking from the petty, insignificant bickering that this thread has degraded in to...

This is one of those games that will make companies like THQ very silly for the comments they have made.

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X
Kenology said:
RolStoppable said:
Ari_Gold said:
Graves said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
Graves said:
@ alfredofroylan

They aren't the fraction of the amount of Killzone 2 threads which we've been seeing since 2005.

Apparently you don't remember the threads of people predicting Conduit would sell 3-4M.

People don't like being shown these things.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

MaxwellGT2000 said:
Kenology said:
RolStoppable said:
Ari_Gold said:
Graves said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
Graves said:
@ alfredofroylan

Yes, but no matter how much the truth hurts, it is still the truth.

MaxwellGT2000 said:
Kenology said:
RolStoppable said:
Ari_Gold said:
Graves said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
Graves said:
@ alfredofroylan

I wasn't expecting it to sell 3 million or get a 90%. But I honestly was expecting better than 100K first week and 6.5 from Gamespot.

Nice, hopefully the legs are strong on Conduit and it reaches 500K Americas by holidays