By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

meh, I think sales are ok..sure they could be better. But with Europe getting the game we should see a spike in sales again. And tho many reviewers have been harsh to the conduit, most consumers seem very happy with the game. So word of mouth should carry the game very well.

"Tell me why does it have to be so hard

to let go when it?s your final day

...When death is on it's way"

Around the Network
Torillian said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
Graves said:
@ alfredofroylan
Yeah... and there was ton of The Conduit threads.

Either way Killzone 2 sold considerably more the first week in the US alone.

They aren't the fraction of the amount of Killzone 2 threads which we've been seeing since 2005.

And Killzone 2 had lackluster sales considering that it was the second coming.

And Conduit is going to have to ship up if HVS is going to be the next Rare.

Judging by how willing Nintendo was to let Rare go, I'd say they're about on track.

ClaudeLv250 said:
Graves said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
Graves said:
@ alfredofroylan

They aren't the fraction of the amount of Killzone 2 threads which we've been seeing since 2005.

Apparently you don't remember the threads of people predicting Conduit would sell 3-4M.

No, no I don't. I do remember threads about how Killzone 2 was a Halo-killer.

How's that working out by the way? Halo Reach was announced at E3, the series looks alive to me. I didn't see a Killzone Reach though.

Internet hype always makes even good products seem like a disappointment compared to the hype. Killzone 2 has sold decently, and hasn't had a holiday season to boost the sales yet. I've seen countless MMOs hyped as a "WoW-killer" and end up being decent games with a sustainable userbase, but fail to kill WoW in any way, shape or form.

Remember when the PS2 was going to render Toy Story in realtime, be the hub of your digital existance, and be used by third world countries to launch missiles? Yeah... The PS2 was a really good system, but didn't live up to THAT hype.

ClaudeLv250 said:
Graves said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
Graves said:
@ alfredofroylan

Apparently you don't remember the threads of people predicting Conduit would sell 3-4M.

No, no I don't. I do remember threads about how Killzone 2 was a Halo-killer.

How's that working out by the way? Halo Reach was announced at E3, the series looks alive to me. I didn't see a Killzone Reach though.

Everything is fail compared to Halo. And rightfully so thanks to split screen online play.

KZ2 and The Conduit are both over-hyped flops, okay? :P

Around the Network

you mean 0.3 of wii owners bought conduit???? that is ssooooooo low, is insane, no publisher will listen to the few wii hardcore gamers if games like this keep selling so relatively low and something like wii music outsells it

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

RolStoppable said:
Graves said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:

A game that hasn't even sold 2 million, with a much bigger budget :P

Killzone 2 could possibly hit 2 million during Christmas. The Conduit will be hitting the bargain bin during Christmas as well.

I hope you are joking in all of your posts in this thread. If not, my god.

Killzone 2's budget was like ten times that of The Conduit. Comparing these two games comes off really, really and I mean it, really desperate.

Of course Killzone 2 had a much bigger budget. Does any Wii game have a big budget?

it's little worrying seeing the conduit sales. i'm scared that conduit will not reach 1mil sell.

someone may defend that conduit doesn't need to reach 1mil to make profit, but anything less than a mil, others will see it as flop.

i wish conduit received bit better reviews from the biased ones, if they were bit professional at their jobs reviewing conduit, would've reached 1mil in no time. but now the chances r slim.

it would BE funny though if the conduit ever ended up outselling Killzone 2. Oh the meltdown.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:
it would BE funny though if the conduit ever ended up outselling Killzone 2. Oh the meltdown.

That's actually a possibility, if its legs end up matching the legs of even, say, Mario Strikers Charged, and Killzone 2  doesn't get much of a boost from holiday sales.

I don't think it will happen, but there is the possibility.