By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - EVERY GAME is coming to XBLA

Madden NFL Arcade Drops The Week of Thanksgiving

Electronic Arts announced today that Madden NFL Arcade will hit the online marketplaces of PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 the week of Thanksgiving. PS3 users can download Madden Arcade on Tuesday, November 24 on PSN, while Xbox Live users can expect to see it on Wednesday, November 25. Both versions will run you the same price of $14.99 or 1200 Microsoft Points. The game brings over-the-top five-on-five football, the likes of which the Madden franchise has never seen.

"When you look around the office and see your whole team playing and having tons of fun with it, you know the game hit the right mark," said marketing director Nathan Stewart. "We have diehard Madden fans who have worked on the franchise for a decade, and more casual gamers who are all playing together and enjoying it. If our productivity the past few weeks is any indication, we've created a game that everyone will love."

Madden NFL Arcade takes the best five players from each team's offense and defense and throws them on the field. They're equipped with thirteen different power-ups and zany abilities that EA Sports hopes will endear the game to the more casual football fan. Players can enjoy four-player co-op on one system or play online against one human opponent.

Madden NFL Arcade will be available on Tuesday, November 24 on the PSN for $14.99 and Wednesday, November 25 on Xbox Live for 1200 Microsoft Points.

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

Around the Network

Space Milkman looks incredible.

Polar Panic Breaks The Ice On XBLA, PSN

Valcon Games and Eiconic Games have announced Polar Panic, a fast paced action-puzzler that could give Bomberman Battlefest a run for his money.

Polar Panic follows a Polar Bear that has lost his home and family through the evil Globo Co. destroying everything in its path. Now is the time to take action - by pushing ice blocks around.

Based on the trailer the game is surprisingly fast - much faster than Bomberman or Adventures of Lolo were. It's also giving you feedback constantly, something which developers seem to forget is key to games like this.

The game features 50 single player levels, which seems to play out much like a SNES Bomberman's store mode, 50 puzzle levels and a 4-player survival mode.

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

Johnny Platform Returns To Save Christmas

Popular XBL Indie Game Johnny Platform is making his triumphant return - this time to save Christmas, and drink more coffee.

The original Johnny Platform's Biscuit Romp was a 3 week port of a homebrew Nintendo DS title, and fitted in well with the XBL Indie Games scene. Johnny Platform Saves Christmas has been completely reworked, now taking advantage of the full screen, has had a bump up in resolution, and now 100 new stages to travel through - 50 more than the original.

The game will be released just before this Christmas.

Things on Wheels Gameplay Video & Screens

Around the Network

Peggle XBLA 'Nights' Expansion Priced, Dated

The Peggle Xbox Live Arcade downloadable content bringing PC sequel Peggle Nights' sixty levels of peg-pinging fun will arrive on November 18, PopCap has revealed.

The Nights DLC will run 400 Microsoft Points ($5)--nearly doubling the game's level count for half its original price--with PopCap's Garth Chouteau further telling Shacknews that "you have to admit Marina is the sexiest electric squid in videogamedom!"

Rare is talking about porting Conker: Bad Fur Day to XBLA =D

New XBLA games this week:

Peggle Nights expansion for Peggle

Gyromancer

Diner Dash

Things on Wheels trailer

XBL Deal of the Week (11/23-11/30) - Sonic 2, Peggle, Death Tank, and Fable II DLC

Deal of the Week continuously delivers more fun to Xbox LIVE Gold Members for less, so take advantage of these stellar deals the week of November 23:

Fable II: See the Future (Microsoft Game Studios) will be available for 400 Microsoft Points, Peggle (PopCap Games, Inc.) will be available for 400 Microsoft Points, and Death Tank (Snowblind Studios, Inc) will be available for 800 Microsoft Points worldwide.

And the week of November 30, download Sonic The Hedgehog™ 2 (SEGA), available for 240 Microsoft Points.