By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - EVERY GAME is coming to XBLA

sinha said:
JaggedSac said:
They need Perfect Dark to release and bolster those sales a bit.

XBLA sales should pick up again in November and December, with big games like Perfect Dark, Serious Sam, Call of Duty, Quake Arena, Doom 2, and Madden among the expected releases.

Damn, I forgot about Serious Sam.  That is gonna be awesome.  Yeah, looks like sales should pickup with those.  What Call of Duty are they releasing on the Arcade?

As for Quake Arena, I am not sure how the sales will be on that one.  That is a thorough bred PC FPS.  Way too damn fast for a controller IMO.  Maybe they slowed it down a bit.

Around the Network

The only reason why Serious Sam will be great because it features CO OP! Brilliant!

Bonk trailer

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

Gyromancer (Square Enix & PopCap) coming November 18

Gyromancer launch trailer:

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

Golgoth Studio's Next Game: Joe and Mac

i want to answer to some smart guy who guess what will be our next game, after Toki release, So yes Mister from Joystiq and Destructoid it will be Joe and Mac :), and i hope you’ll enjoy the two character new design. It work in progress now but it will be something really fun ! But we need to finish our first work on Toki before

No information on platforms yet, but Toki is coming to XBLA.

Around the Network

Is it just me or is Gyromancer a complete Puzzle Quest rip off?

JaggedSac said:

yeah...you would think they could be just a little less blatant

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

MrBubbles said:
JaggedSac said:

But that's the point, look at who is making it.

Gyromancer is retaliation: they are ripping off Puzzle Quest for ripping them off.

sinha said:
MrBubbles said:
JaggedSac said:

But that's the point, Gyromancer is retaliation: they are ripping off Puzzle Quest for ripping them off.

Ah, I knew there was a game I didn't know about that came before Puzzle Quest :)

Smash TV Sequel May Be On The Way

Work was halted due to Midway's problems, but 3D revival is expected to eventually be completed.

Retro updates are all the rage these days, so what's next on the docket. According to the veteran developer Mark Turmell, it may be Smash TV.

In an interview on Retrogaming with Racketboy, the Smash TV programmer discussed the game at length, and also made mention of a potential sequel. Unfortunately, while it appears that the 3D revival actually made it into the programming stages, progress was halted when the situation at Midway deteriorated.

Smash TV was an arcade game originally developed in 1990 that depicted a violent game show. It was eventually ported to a number of systems, including the Sega Genesis and Super NES, and is fondly remembered for its difficulty and catchphrases like, "I'd buy that for a dollar!"

With Warner Bros. interested in developing older IPs, Turmell expects that the sequel will be made eventually, especially considering the popularity of twin-stick shooters on XBLA and PSN. With luck, we'll have the chance to win big money and big prizes soon enough.