By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New 40 GB PS3 Info (be prepared for moans and groans, it'll be painful)

On the subject of a card reader, in time when the bugs are worked out and they make it stronger and cheaper this kind of tech could resolve any complaint.

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/peripherals/buffalo-usb-sd-card-184028.php

I don't plan on buying a PS3 till at least next year as I've just bought a new gaming rig (and the good PS3 games aren't out till then).
It's good that they have left Wi-fi in on the 40gb model.

"..just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake"

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:

HDMI cables are not that expensive, ethernet cables: I'm sure you have a ethernet cable hanging around your house, I have three, and one that I use. Uhh... the pS3's controller is wireless... what was that point?, The PS3 does come with componet cables... (right? someone help me out here. I think they do). And any bluetooth headset you use for your phone will work with the PS3 also. So I just debunked all of your claims in one short paragraph.

That's not debunking, it's deflecting. You're also assuming that he (and people in general) have all those things lying around.

Debunking would be proving that he was wrong. You obviously didn't do that, and you couldn't anyway, his post was more of a personal opinion.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:
DMeisterJ said:

HDMI cables are not that expensive, ethernet cables: I'm sure you have a ethernet cable hanging around your house, I have three, and one that I use. Uhh... the pS3's controller is wireless... what was that point?, The PS3 does come with componet cables... (right? someone help me out here. I think they do). And any bluetooth headset you use for your phone will work with the PS3 also. So I just debunked all of your claims in one short paragraph.

That's not debunking, it's deflecting. You're also assuming that he (and people in general) have all those things lying around.

Debunking would be proving that he was wrong. You obviously didn't do that, and you couldn't anyway, his post was more of a personal opinion.

Wll NJ5 it is debunking about the wireless controller and componet cable comments he made.  I can see that it was a personal opinion but he's forming a personal opinion on things that aren't true or are not big points.  Even if he doesn't own a ethernet cable or a bluetooth headset, it's not like those things are ridiculously expensive.  I just wanted him to make an informed conclusion not a conclusion due to exclusion of information.

DMeisterJ said:

On a tangent, how is a hard drive six times bigger than another one and cost less than double.

Because the final price is not solely a factor of the hard drive size.

Because price increments are not linear ($ of 40 != 2 * $ of 20).

Tangent destroyed.

DMeisterJ said:
NJ5 said:
DMeisterJ said:

Wll NJ5 it is debunking about the wireless controller and componet cable comments he made. I can see that it was a personal opinion but he's forming a personal opinion on things that aren't true or are not big points. Even if he doesn't own a ethernet cable or a bluetooth headset, it's not like those things are ridiculously expensive. I just wanted him to make an informed conclusion not a conclusion due to exclusion of information.

WII = Warcraft 2 (because of my avatar) or do you think I have a Wii? I don't ;)

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
davygee said:
NJ5 said:

I don't know about America, but most people where I live would prefer to sell their PS2 and use the money to buy a shiny PS3 which can play their PS2 games. There are also plenty of stores which offer exchange programmes, which would reduce the price of the higher-priced pack. Furthermore, with the better pack you get more disk space, and depending on Sony's announcement, you may get an additional controller and/or games.

Having 2 consoles in your living room can be a pain, and most people would prefer not to bother with the cable mess.

How much can you seriously get for a 2nd hand...potentially 7 year old machine.....$30, $40....the price of a PS3 game!

I've seen several offers where you get $100 off the price of a PS3 if you bring in your PS2.

NJ5 said:
DMeisterJ said:
NJ5 said:
DMeisterJ said:

Wll NJ5 it is debunking about the wireless controller and componet cable comments he made. I can see that it was a personal opinion but he's forming a personal opinion on things that aren't true or are not big points. Even if he doesn't own a ethernet cable or a bluetooth headset, it's not like those things are ridiculously expensive. I just wanted him to make an informed conclusion not a conclusion due to exclusion of information.

WII = Warcraft 2 (because of my avatar) or do you think I have a Wii? I don't ;)

Actually, I meant to write "Well" But it came out W-lowercase "L"-lowercase "L", which looks like W-Uppercase "I"-Uppercase "I"... So WII looks kinda like Wll But I meant "Well" At the rate the Wii is selling though... You have to assume that a lot of people have it.  :)

Maybe somebody can provide me with some insight here, this thread was created with a single forum post being the source?

What else is there to the creation of this thread that I must be missing here?

http://www.pocket-lint.co.uk/news/news.phtml/10243/11267/sony-ps3-price-cut-official.phtml

The 40 GB version is getting announced tomorrow in the UK. Price will be £299 and the 60GB version will be dropped to £369.

^ you were wrong about there being no backwards compatability.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.