By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Predict first week and lifetime sales for SMG and FF XIII

well the biggest game for the PS3 isnt FFXIII, its GT5.

Around the Network
tombi123 said:
@happy squrriel

well, price cut in october looks almost certain, big games coming out before FFXIII will boost sales, MGS4, GT5 etc. also i think this christmas it will sell more than last year.

So you expect its sales to get fairly close to matching the Wii's sales over the next 12 months from a pretty minimal price reduction and the release of a handful of games, some of which (Metal Gear) do not sell well in Japan?

Nice ...

@happysqurriel

in my first post i meant to say 'about' not 'atleast'. For the PS3 to reach 5M in Japan by the end of 2008 it will have to sell about 60,000 a week. say it sells 1.8M for nov/dec 07/08 combined, thats means another 2M in 9 months. that is about 50,000 a week, which isnt too far out.

Soriku said:
I thought FF XIII would've been a better choice (IMO) and get people to think things more thoroughly...

@leo-j

No, but I'm going by the most logical thing...

Would you have liked it better if I said "The PS3 will have competition with the Wii, but I think the Wii will still pass it. But who knows?" or "wii suxors ps3 will pass t3h wiiz nubs!"?

Who are you to say people don't think things thoroughly?

If it would make you feel better, then there you are:

1. Wii will win at the end and there is no need for the next generation console

2. Nintendo will become the biggest company in the world

3. SMG will sell over 1 million copies for the first week in EVERY major market, and the lifetime sales of SMG will pass 20 million

4. FF XIII will flop in every major market and become the lowest sale FF game

5. SE will finally learn their lesson that they shouldn't have betray Nintendo at the first place nor should they be so obsessed with the graphics

Go back to your small world and play your wii!  Don’t behave like you know everything happening in different regions of the world.  There are plenty of gamers want the video game industry as a whole do better and better.  More competition is always better.

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

SMB +5million, how much of wii owners are the blue ocean casual types ?

FF13 - 11 million, will surpass FF7 in sales and critic praise.

Around the Network
wenlan said:

5. SE will finally learn their lesson that they shouldn't have betray Nintendo at the first place nor should they be so obsessed with the graphics

You are saying this like ' After Square betrayed Nintendo everything for Square went wrong"

Square was before FFVII an avarage big company and the last ten years they become one of the famoust most loved companies in the world, I think they don't feel any sadness at all that they betrayed Nintendo.

I don't say the same would not happened if they didn't betrayed nintendo but I really wonder 
about it. 

konnichiwa said:
wenlan said:

You are saying this like ' After Square betrayed Nintendo everything for Square went wrong"

Square was before FFVII an avarage big company and the last ten years they become one of the famoust most loved companies in the world, I think they don't feel any sadness at all that they betrayed Nintendo.

I don't say the same would not happened if they didn't betrayed nintendo but I really wonder 
about it. 

Don't forget that their obsession with pre-rendered visuals almost left the company bankrupt after they bankrolled Final Fantasy the Spirits Within which was neither a critical nor a financial success.

konnichiwa said:
wenlan said:

about it. 

I'm pretty sure he was using sarcasm to make fun of Soriku.  It's not leaving Nintendo that screwed square.  It's their focus on graphics lately, which arn't going to make up fore weak rehashed stories.

Square even before FF7 was a very loved company by RPG fans though, I know back then if i found out a game was made by Square or Enix it was an instant purchase.  Then things started to turn for the worse, then they merged with Enix...

regardless.  I wasn't suggesting earlier that you hated Final Fantasy soriku.  You love Kingdom Hearts so it'd be hard for you to hate Final Fantasy, i'm saying that you wanted to show that Mario would outsell Final Fantasy, i really don't see anything else that connects the two games since one is coming out soon, the other a long time away, they're on different consoles, different types of games... and who knows how many PS3's will be sold when FF13 comes out?

You deserved to be kicked in the mouth thanatos. Mario is for casual and core players, and how do you know 11 million PS3 owners are RPG fanatics?

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Thanatos said:
SMB +5million, how much of wii owners are the blue ocean casual types ?

FF13 - 11 million, will surpass FF7 in sales and critic praise.

The one thing I find entertaining is that there are "countless" PS3 fans who come here daily and hype games as being massive million selling games; when these games fail to even approach disapointing numbers (as compared to these user's predictions) suddenly these users are no where to be found and there are low-post-count users who make insane predictions about PS3 games.

I personally find it funny that I can't find a single user who is attributed to the Gundam Musou, Virtual Fighter, Motorstorm, Hot Shots Golf, Lair, Heavenly Sword, and Warhawk hype trains that is a regular poster yet there is no end of "new" users who are willing to make unrealistic predictions on upcomming games.