By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pikmin: Get the GC one or NPC?

killeryoshis said:
Skorpion said:
I have only played the gamecube one for like 30 min but IGN said the NPC is very well implemented and they can't wait for pikmin 3 after playing the old ones with wii controls.

I can't wait to see a picture. Just a picture will get me really hyped. Imagine me playying a demo O_o

Buy Little King's Story while you're waiting :P

Around the Network
Skorpion said:
killeryoshis said:
Skorpion said:
I have only played the gamecube one for like 30 min but IGN said the NPC is very well implemented and they can't wait for pikmin 3 after playing the old ones with wii controls.

I can't wait to see a picture. Just a picture will get me really hyped. Imagine me playying a demo O_o

Buy Little King's Story while you're waiting :P

I would never buy  a rip off to my favorite game just kidding :P but not buying it due to budget.

Though I hope that it doesn't steal the sells of pikmin

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

NPC. Theres no reason to buy the GC verson. You get widescreen, 480p (did the GC version support progressive scan?), the option to reset days, and superior controls. If however, someone does have the GC version, i dont think the controls are as big a leap to justify a purchase, not like Metroid Prime though.

I can very much see the potential for the Wii controls in this game but I've just come off playing the first Pikmin for the first time and it surprised me just how good the controls are with the GC controller. I never found myself wishing i was playing with the Wii-mote and they stand up very well on their own. Having said that, the lack of progressive scan and widescreen is something that i missed somewhat when compared with other Wii games but in the end i don't really think you can go wrong with either version.

NPC Pikmin is way better in my opinion. I know because I still have the GC version and now have the NPC version. I think it is way more fun with the wii remote.

Around the Network

i would recomend the NPC pikmin because of the reasons mentioned; 480p, widescreen, and of course th new controls.

i saw a video of the original version of pikmin but i could totally see what was going on, the pointer is fixed in front of olimar so you can't move and aim well at the same time. also the wiimote pointer is much faster than the old way.

think of it this way, do you want Resident Evil 4 on the Gamecube or the Wii version? i wouldn't like to go back (personally), but it's up tp you :)