By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The DARK HORSE - Folklore IGN Review - 9.0!!

This game looks for me one of the best games I saw so far.

But also with an gameranking score of 90% this game will not sell.

It is one of those games like Ico and Okami that are great games but don't sell.

Around the Network

errr great on 1 review? It looks to be a solid game, but doesnt seem to be anywhere near 9+

according to metacritic and such, its average is decent, and the ps3 has had only 1 game within 90s, and thats a mulitplatform (oblivion)

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
Lost tears of Kain said:
errr great on 1 review? It looks to be a solid game, but doesnt seem to be anywhere near 9+

according to metacritic and such, its average is decent, and the ps3 has had only 1 game within 90s, and thats a mulitplatform (oblivion)

Metacritic has 4 scores and does not include this one.  I think we all agree that IGN and Game Informer are probably the most "important" reviews.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

I enjoyed the demo too so I am glad to see that this game is getting good reviews. I look forward to buying it then.

@nightstalker

best thing was I loved the way they used motion, it was cool

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

Around the Network

I've never really played RPGs before, but the demo for this game was pretty cool, I actually came away liking it. Spending 60$ on the other hand right now? Just dont think I would do that, too many other games are going to overshadow this one over the next month. It will be forgotten very soon I think...kinda sad, it was a very enjoyable game.

Currently Playing:

PS4 - Killzone:SF and Assasins Creed 4

XBox One: BF4, CoD:Ghosts, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5

Changing channels with my voice: priceless!!!

oops, double post

Currently Playing:

PS4 - Killzone:SF and Assasins Creed 4

XBox One: BF4, CoD:Ghosts, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5

Changing channels with my voice: priceless!!!

Diomedes1976 said:
Its curious ,when a PS3 game receives a bad score in IGN thats the true score even if there are a lot of sites that review it more favourably (as with Lair or HS ) .But ,if IGN gives it a good score then we have to make an average between all the sites (excluding Famitsu for convenient reasons ) to see if it can be seen in a worse light.Very interesting.

It's all in opinion Diomedes.  If there is a demo I suggest you try it for yourself.  Obviously the game is going to be in for some mixed reviews, but don't let reviews stop you from enjoying a game. 

The PS3 currently has 1 9.0+ game on Gamerankings.  Oblivion http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/simpleratings.asp 

Metacritic and Gamerankings are the best for reviews, anyone who suggests otherwise i don't think is looking at it rationally. Atleast not from a statistical point of view.

That said, the current Gamerankings and Metacritic rankings arn't anymore indictive right now then IGNs. Wait till some more reviews come in.

akuma587 said:
Lost tears of Kain said:

Metacritic has 4 scores and does not include this one.  I think we all agree that IGN and Game Informer are probably the most "important" reviews.

ign uk, not ign

again metacritic and game rankings are superior in reviews, and its senseless to argue

if not, ill post how Bioshock is a perfect game, since game informer gave it a 10/10, and its the best

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.