By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The DARK HORSE - Folklore IGN Review - 9.0!!

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/930085.asp

Avg Ratio: 66%

Site Name / Link
Quality
Date
Rating
Ratio

7/27/2007
5 out of 10
50.0%

7/29/2007
8 out of 10
80.0%
  PSM3 Magazine UK

11/1/2007
69 out of 100
69.0%
  Play UK

11/1/2007
66 out of 100
66.0%

Certainly a bit early to tell where the game's average will be, but I will say that it won't be above 80% regardless of IGNs review.

Around the Network

Yeah I think Haze will be a winner. I wouldn't be surprise if it scored higher then halo overral. I loved the multiplayer from timesplitters and can only imagine what they have cooked up for haze.

Its curious ,when a PS3 game receives a bad score in IGN thats the true score even if there are a lot of sites that review it more favourably (as with Lair or HS ) .But ,if IGN gives it a good score then we have to make an average between all the sites (excluding Famitsu for convenient reasons ) to see if it can be seen in a worse light.Very interesting.

darthdevidem said:
@Harvey

I think Uncharted has a considerable amount of hype...

HAZE I think will be like FOlklore, little less hype, huge on delivery

I agree about uncharted.  I don't agree about haze because it was getting hype at first, but then the hype train stopped when it saw how many other FPS type games were coming out around now.

My prediction for a lower hyped big selling game is Call of Duty 4 if it counts, it looks like it's going to be leagues above COD 3 and is getting lost in the Halo hype.  PS3 fans are lucky that they arn't going to have Halo 3 distracting them from a game that I think is going to end up being better.

That's my opinion though.  Definitly won't review or sell better.  I think it will review very high though and sell well, atleast on the PS3.

Haze getting rated higher than Halo? O_o

I always figured it was a pretty bland looking shooter from a developer I wasn't familiar with, but then again a lot of games look generic if you're not familiar with them.

I'll take your word for it being promising, and look into it a bit more.

Around the Network

You all noticed that this was IGN's UK review right?

@ Parokki ) you look like Otacon (this guys twinbrother) ? no way :)

i predict folklore getting a 35-50K opening unless Sony ups the advertising campaign by a few notches.

Heeeeyyyy!!!! <Snap>

Diomedes1976 said:
Its curious ,when a PS3 game receives a bad score in IGN thats the true score even if there are a lot of sites that review it more favourably (as with Lair or HS ) .But ,if IGN gives it a good score then we have to make an average between all the sites (excluding Famitsu for convenient reasons ) to see if it can be seen in a worse light.Very interesting.

I haven't seen one person do this to make PS3 games look bad (I have seen PS3 boosters try to do this) ... Most people either cite a handful of reviewers they trust or they use aggregators like Gamerankings or Metacritic.

Diomedes1976 said:
 Actually gamerankings will almost always be considered the final score by me and (I think) most other people here. IGN is just usually close to the final Gamerankings average = No Diomedes there is no conspiracy against the PS3.