By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The DARK HORSE - Folklore IGN Review - 9.0!!

Diomedes1976 said:
Its curious ,when a PS3 game receives a bad score in IGN thats the true score even if there are a lot of sites that review it more favourably (as with Lair or HS ) .But ,if IGN gives it a good score then we have to make an average between all the sites (excluding Famitsu for convenient reasons ) to see if it can be seen in a worse light.Very interesting.

Look at who are the predominant users on this site.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network

I saw this game on xplay last night. From what I saw and what I heard, I can't see what all the fuss is about.

gamingdevil said:
You all noticed that this was IGN's UK review right?

The link has uk in it, but this is The main IGN review, not a UK or AU one.  I spent a little while on the site verifying this because I thought the same thing as you.  I look at IGN and Game Informer as the two most important reviewers for the masses, so hopefully this will help the games sales.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

HappySqurriel said:

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/930085.asp

Avg Ratio: 66%

Site Name / Link
Quality
Date
Rating
Ratio

7/27/2007
5 out of 10
50.0%

7/29/2007
8 out of 10
80.0%
PSM3 Magazine UK

11/1/2007
69 out of 100
69.0%
Play UK

11/1/2007
66 out of 100
66.0%

Certainly a bit early to tell where the game's average will be, but I will say that it won't be above 80% regardless of IGNs review.

get over yourself, GameRankings is garbage. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

IGN and GameInformer are tops in my book. They give great reviews on great games.

GamerInformer also gives second opinion on all the reviews which is good.

I'll take the case!!!

Around the Network
darthdevidem said:

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/824/824614p1.html

I was Shocked

So the Ps3 gets it's 3rd 9+ Game after Resistance & Motorstorm

WHY do the UNHYPED Titles (Warhawk, Folklore) turn out to be FAR BETTER than the "Hyped ones" (Lair, HS)

Anyway, THIs is a must buy now

Folklore was actually minorly hyped since E3'06 but kept getting washed away by others. 

And to correct you, it's the 4th game to have a 9+. Ninja Gaiden Sigma got a 9.5.  

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

akuma587 said:
gamingdevil said:
You all noticed that this was IGN's UK review right?

The link has uk in it, but this is The main IGN review, not a UK or AU one. I spent a little while on the site verifying this because I thought the same thing as you. I look at IGN and Game Informer as the two most important reviewers for the masses, so hopefully this will help the games sales.

Oh okay then, i didn't check the link cause regardless of the score i loved the demo and i'm buying the game for sure :D

@ssj12

woops...

I was listing just exclusives

forgot NGS tho...lol

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

As Parokki pointed out, the metacritic score is not very impressive at all. I'll wait for more reviews. (15 hours is kind of on the light side....)

Aldo 33/40 from famitsu.

Did game republic really make his game ?