By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Anyone else significantly less interested in TMNT: Smash-Up now?

Particularly since the Rabbid announcement. I don't want rabbids - I want TMNT-characters. Sure, we haven't seen all characters yet, but them throwing in Ubisoft mascots instead of actual TMNT-characters sure isn't a good sign. I'm having a hard time being excited at all for this game so far, which is really sad since it could be great. I think Ubisoft have dropped the ball on this one, and I don't think we're going to see anything really interesting about this game, and it'll end up with lukewarm reviews and mediocre sales. I can't say for sure of course, but that's just the feeling I'm getting so far.

Around the Network

I wasn't interested in it in the first place but i do feel that those characters are terribly out of place in this game. Smash Bros. is different because it's universe is Nintendo and everything in it and ithe range of characters (with a few cameos) makes some kind of sense in that context.

I really think that the TMNT universe is a much narrower and more specific setting than you get in the Smash games and they would do well to focus on nailing that rather than risk diluting it by forcing cameos that seem terribly out of place.

Rabbids didn't affect my interest at all, it was the gameplay. I can't put my finger on it but something seems off about it. I wasn't expecting it to top SSBB but now it may not even remotely compare.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Were you less interested in Soul Calibur 4 when they put Star Wars characters in?

Galaki said:
Were you less interested in Soul Calibur 4 when they put Star Wars characters in?

No, but that's hardly the same thing and you should know that. First off, Soul Calibur is a storied franchise which doesn't necessarily need to prove itself. Second off, Soul Calibur only have their own characters to choose from - It's not based off of an existing IP so nobody can go "Oh my god they put Darth Vader in instead of that character they're going to put in the next game five years from now which they haven't even come up with yet, how fucking lame".

It's really a terrible analogy.

Around the Network

I can't believe Rabbids in a TMNT game is considered news. Ubisoft must be paying websites to mention it.

I also hate that they added a feature that in no way detracts from the amount of other features they will put in. Those jerks :P

As long as they put them in the cover, i'm fine with it, cause the game will sell better than if they aren't.
I have my SSBB to play so i wont need this to distract me (unless they put the character from Red Steel 2 jk). On the other hand this game is more focused in stamina than throw out of the stage, so they have different gameplay. I'll let reviews come and think about it later

So Snake kicking the crap out of Sonic is good, but Sam Fischer making rabbid tartar is bad??

The turles have been traveling to all sorts of odd places for 25 years now.
Floating cowheads, Rabbit Ronin, squids in bodysuits, I fail to see how rabbids are that out of place. As long as they do a good job of getting characters that are Turtle-related there is no issue for me. Because of legal issues there are Turtle characters that have never interacted with each other. That and if they got permission for Usagi, it would be pretty nifty,
Star wars was in Soul Calibur, Dc in Martal Kombat, Marvel vs. Capcom I really don't see it as a big deal. If the gameplay is good, then no one will care. If it sucks, then - well- no one will care.

I am optimistic yet reserved. There have been disappointing Turtle games in the past, but it looks like they trying something new-ish with them. I will at least rent it with crossed fingers.

"But as always, technology refused to be dignity's bitch."--Vance DeGeneres

http://cheezburger.com/danatblair/lolz/View/4772264960

scottie said:
I also hate that they added a feature that in no way detracts from the amount of other features they will put in. Those jerks :P

+1