By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Uncharted 2 vs Halo 3:ODST

^^ Koweniki, don't put too much thought into your posts to him, its just an alt account.

Around the Network

I think Halo ODST will sell more considering MS will make a 50 million $ advert campaign again.

Then again, Uncharted sales were nothing to laugh at, with 2.5 million last time I checked (maybe more ?), so Uncharted 2 could reach 4 million lifetime easily.

I think Halo ODST will sell more but Uncharted 2 will both make more money for Sony (due to less adverts) and be the best game of those two.

I think Uncharted 2 should move a bit more consoles too considering that any Halo fan already has a 360 by now.

@kowenicki : personal attacks won't lead you nowhere. I just gave facts and opinions. Facts you can't do anything against them, and opinions everybody has one, there's nothing you can do there either.

kowenicki said:
well why isnt he banned then! its just a stream of bullshit - its never ending.

True say, don't worry I'm on it

Look dude the name or word "Halo" does extremely justice to the mainstream. Uncharted on the other hand well its an establish series now because of word of mouth but if Sony has the advertising money like what Microsoft will do to Halo 3: ODST than it has a slight chance but, sorry Halo 3: ODST will thrash Uncharted 2 in sales

Around the Network

Uncharted 2 is going to get scores at the 93-96 range I think.

ODST 88-92

ODST will sell more.

I think ODST 6 mil, Uncharted 2 4 mil.

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

@kowenicki : from VG numbers. Difference between 360 and PS3 worldwide is sales is quite small, maximum 10-15%, so it's roughly the same. Feel free to discuss with numbers.

I can prove you that price are half as expansive in the UK as they are in France / Germany too, it's a fact too.

When I say there's no AAA exclusive full game on 360, and that there was 2 on PS3, that's a fact too :
- look at metacritic / 360 games, and you'll see there's no full game (not DLC, otherwise GTA4 DLC is at 90) that got 90 or more in 2009
- make the same for PS3, you'll find Killzone 2 (92) and MLB09 (90).

Those things are facts. The rest is my opinion, which is as valuable as yours.

No, those are not my facts.

I'm talking about weekly worldwide sales, feel free to discuss the VG numbers.

Simple answer to a simple question.

ODST will sell more hardware then uncharted 2. It might not move a huge number of hardware but the halo name is advertising gold. The uncharted brandname just isn't big enough to have much of an affect on the ps3 hardware sales.

I honestly don't understand why people have brought subjectivity into this thread as its a sales thread not a aggregate critical response/personal opinions thread. The quality of the franchise is irrelevant (not that either are lacking).

The halo brand name is bigger, the halo software sales are stronger, the halo advertising budgets are larger and halo is Microsoft preeminent franchise. Not to mention ODST is the expansion to a game thats seen huge sales, incredible legs, great developer support and consistent player support for years.

Its simply impossible to argue reasonably that uncharted will sell more hardware. If any of the two games is going to push more hardware its ODST, it has too much going for it not too.

Tony_Parker said:
Well let's see...

Halo 3 ODST is an expansion pack to a 2006 game which was one of the all time most adverted game and probably one of the most overrated too.

Uncharted 2 is a groundbreaking full game sequel of a recent blockbuster whose demo made jaws drop with incredible graphics and hollywood like action.

So it's not even close... Uncharted 2 wins hands down.

So your saying that advertising didn't help sales at all. I mean the game can be overrated but fact it is, the game and name along will sell. Uncharted is a pretty game but don't say its a truly full blown sequel and it will wipe Halo 3 ODST out.

Do some research today and walk up to a regular, casual consumer and ask him, Do you know anything about Uncharted? response uh no! Try Halo/ Halo 2 or Halo 3. You will get a response of yes.