By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN AU Wii Sports Resort review

Kantor said:
Hmmm, 7 posts before we got an "IGN AU hates the Wii" post

You can laugh if you like, but I knew this would be a negative review before I opened the thread. Go through all the IGN AU stuff posted on this site and you can see the trend. Anytime anyone posts IGN hating on the Wii it comes from IGN AU without fail. This game might suck, I will admit this right now. I just won't trust IGN AU's opinion on it.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network
forest-spirit said:
Destroyer_of_knights said:

Everyone, SHUT THE FUCK UP.....CLOSE THIS THREAD.....because regardless of the score, and the comments people make here, this game will sell millions, just remember, we are NOT the casual market, infact we are NOT Nintendo's market for this game so any energy wasted here is pointless.

In saying that though I have become a hypocrite I know, but it's all worth it to save your brain from consuming power, which in tern means you won't be wasting your vital energy which would result in you becoming hungry, this also means that with out you posting, electricity is saved so there is less emissions, end result, everyone is happy including earth. ^_^

Is this a joke or...?

It's nice of you to speak for the whole community. That saves some more energy.

why thank you for that nice compliment, very sweet of you.

As for the joke....hmmm I don't see any joke on this thread, please link me to it so I can asses this joke you speak of.

Kantor said:

I'll agree with that. IGN AU aren't Wii haters, they just suck at reviewing. They're on my list of fail reviewers (Edge, Variety and Teletext GameCentral are on there too)

Edge are pretty good reviewers if you actually read them, not just look at the score. They tend to exclude production values from the final score, which not a bad thing after all. A better chance for conceptual work against blockbusters with nice presentation. That's why among three: Mass Effect, Fallout 3 and Fable 2 - the latter wins judging by the scores Edge gave them.

@OP

Really don't care. Never played original, but will get WSR for WM+ and game looks fun nonetheless.

whats everyone moaning about an 8.5 is a good score.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

--OkeyDokey-- said:

Ok, I'll summarise their criticisms here...

-Sword fighting isn't 1:1. Degenerates into wagglefest. Doesn't deliver on the promise of the Motion Plus.
-Lack of 4 player simultaneous mutliplayer.
-No online features to speak of.
-Not much in the way of value for solo players.
-Crap Music.
-Constantly having to calibrate Motion Plus.
-Generally feel that many of the mini games could have been much better/more fleshed out. Some of them just plain suck.
-Sports carried over from the first game have only been marginally improved.

So, I'd say the score is more than justified. It is IGN AU, though. They're really harsh on some games.

QFT!!!

I'll add that this game will sell millions, infact I predict it selling 97 Million this year alone, and you can take that to the bank.

Around the Network
Skeeuk said:

8.5, i thought my eyes were bad ;)

Huh? what? I thought it was a 16.5?
I think it deserve a 19.6 even though I've never played it.

Gnizmo said:
Kantor said:
Hmmm, 7 posts before we got an "IGN AU hates the Wii" post

You can laugh if you like, but I knew this would be a negative review before I opened the thread. Go through all the IGN AU stuff posted on this site and you can see the trend. Anytime anyone posts IGN hating on the Wii it comes from IGN AU without fail. This game might suck, I will admit this right now. I just won't trust IGN AU's opinion on it.

Actually, I was looking through their Wii reviews and they're all pretty much in line with IGN America. I think it's some of their articles that have given them that reputation.

hsrob said:
Skeeuk said:

8.5, i thought my eyes were bad ;)

sorry ive just worked 6 days on the trot, its my day off im kinda tired and on top of that ive just a quick watch of shakira the tour on bluray i think its made my eyes go funny.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

DavidValbu said:
What was famitsu score for Wii Sports Resort?

They didn't review it.

PSN - hanafuda