By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Can the PSP maintain the momentum?

MontanaHatchet said:
Ahhhh, PSP love all around.

I would be giving out hugs, but it always ends up awkwardly.

We shake hands and move on MH. We are men.

Around the Network

I'm not a man.

I'm Montana.

The PSP will continue it's momentum with great AAA titles like God of War and FF Tactics and so on.

I'll take the case!!!

What momentum? PSP's been doing fine since launch.

MontanaHatchet said:
I'm not a man.

I'm Montana.

I go by what it says in your profile. It says your sex is male. You are a man.

Around the Network

FFT got a 9.5 from PSM. It gave a 6.5 to warhawk, so they aren't afraid to hand out bad ratings.

They said the cutscenes and multiplayer were absolutely awesome.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Cadence said:
What momentum? PSP's been doing fine since launch.

Well where have you been on VGChartz?!?

The past couple of months. PSP was getting negative treatment from this site.

Threads like: Is the PSP a Success or failure? The PSP Slim isn't going to sell much and etc....

There were alot of threads like that. Now its selling really good, we rarely see any PSP threads anymore, and really thats a good thing.

outlawauron said:
FFT got a 9.5 from PSM. It gave a 6.5 to warhawk, so they aren't afraid to hand out bad ratings.

They said the cutscenes and multiplayer were absolutely awesome.

I really don't care for those strategy/board/RPG's but Final Fantasy Tatics: The Lions War is making me change that comment rather quickly. 8)

The only thing psp is good for is playing FFVII PSX on. I seriously don't play any other games (maybe lumines ocassionally).

As I've said in other threads, the release of the PSP Slim & Lite couldn't have come at a better time.

In the US, the new Slim & Lite isn't even released as a standalone unit.  You can only get it as part of the Daxter pack for $30 more.  The PSP sold near 90k units in NA last week without this release and I expect it to push over the 100k for a few weeks after the release.  Then there's the Star Wars special edition PSP as well in November.  This will push sales again in time for the Xmas buying period.

In Europe it's been doing well, having sold 82k units last week and is now the 2nd highest selling console, under (of course) the DS, but selling more than the 360, and Wii

In Japan, I don't need to say anymore.  The sales have been awesome for the last few weeks, but it will come back down to a decent level.  Although I expect the sales to be at least 30% higher than pre-Slim & Lite for a good while.

The PSP will definitely not get anywhere near the DS, but what it will and is doing, is steadily growing in numbers and is near 25m worldwide at the moment, after only being out for around 2.5 years.

Games wise, the list of AAA games are growing.  This year as well as the start of next year will see a fair few AAA titles for the PSP worldwide, look at this list of select games for the next few months alone:

FF Tactics: The Lion War
Dead Head Fred
Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron
Pursuit Force: Extreme Justice
Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow
LocoRoco 2
Silent Hill Origins
Wipeout Pulse
SOCOM: US Navy SEALs Tactical Strike
Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)