By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Can the PSP maintain the momentum?

300k copies in Japan isn't THAT bad...

I see it selling more in America than in Japan, but only time can tell.

Around the Network
CapAmerica said:
MontanaHatchet said:
CapAmerica said:
Sony needs more games that cause these kind of spikes, but sadly I don't see any more on the horizon.

Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions

That game is coming out in 3 days in America. It might help boost sales.

Unlikely, just look at how it did in Japan =/

I just hope it doesn't do as bad as Final Fantasy I and II did in the US. 

I'm planning on getting it, then again, I also bought FFI for PSP...

Currently Playing:  Saints Row 2 | Battlefield 2 | Company of Heroes

Recently Beaten: Gears of War | Super Mario Galaxy | Darwinia | MGS4 | Sam and Max Ep. 4, Portal | Mirror's Edge | Uncharted | Mass Effect

Looking Forward to: Alan Wake | Splinter Cell : Conviction | The Last Guardian | Batman: Arkham Asylum | SMG2 | Mass Effect 2 |

I would consider getting FF Tactics if it were priced like Jeanne D'arc: $30 instead of $40. Have any of you guys played both? Which is better?

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

Jeanne D'Arc will likely go down as one of my favorite games of all time, possibly even completing my holy duo of games into a holy trilogy.

I'll pick up FF Tactics Lion if I see some good previews. I'll check it out some time.

Ohh, and I'm amazed I got this past 10 posts. Sweet.

i dont think it will reach ds levels sadly. though it should give a healthy lifetime boost.

anyone else disappointed in Jeanne d'arc sales? how can a great game sell so bad?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Around the Network

I think it can, as long as Sony contiunes its success releasing Triple-A games. I'm sold to it. I like whats out now. I like the games and everything. Its just they need to prove to the PSP users that they care for the console and they are now proving it.

Kingdom hearts BBS will help, as well as god of war.

mM

I think the PSP is finally getting noticed.
It may be possible that the PSP is on the same historical line of sales as the DS.
Japan is buying it, and more software is coming.
And the PSP doesn't need software as much as the DS. (meaning it is capable of entertaining people without games via browser, music, video)
Anyways Sony is really counting on the Star Wars game for software, and it should sell like crazy- enough to carry it through the holidays.
It wont reach DS numbers consistently for a while- but I think the momentum will continue until March at least.
Don't under-estimate the hand held market, People love this stuff.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

@leo-j and ultraslick

You guys couldn't say it better. I'm proud and glad to be a PSP owner.

Ahhhh, PSP love all around.

I would be giving out hugs, but it always ends up awkwardly.