By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Five reasons why the PlayStation brand is kiddy and not hardcore

Zones said:
This topic lacks...

sexy, especially the last one, something i wish i could do myself =P.

Around the Network

LBP is pretty hardcore, just get the MGS4 dlc level's and you'll see what I mean.

This thread wasn't as funny as some of your past.

4 ≈ One

How have I gone through my entire life without ripping a horn off a beast and then killing him with it?

What a boring life I lead.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:
sunil247 said:

1. Their biggest franchise is rated E for Everyone - The Gran Turismo games have sold more than 50 million copies, because they can reach a broad audience. This was only possible because Sony and Polyphony Digital didn't go down the road of mature gaming and refused to add hardcore features like drive-bys. -- Gran Turismo aint the only huge franchise... God of War, Last Guardian

2. Sackboy - This little guy is sooo cute. He has been the star of Sony's flagship title for the most recent holiday season which once again shows that Sony's priority aren't the hardcore gamers. Another game that is rated E for Everyone. -- Killzone 2, Infamous, Uncharted, God of War, Last Guardian

4. The face buttons of their controllers - Instead of using letters to name their buttons like it's commonly done on video game controllers, Sony decided to use geometrical objects. This without a doubt points to their target demographic being young kids. They can't read, but they can recognize triangles, circles, crosses and squares (or like I call them: Dreieg, Kreis, Kreiz, Kastl). Seriously, having a Kastl button is definitely not hardcore, it makes you sound like a five year old. -- my 3 year old reads 3 letter words

5. The new PSP bundle - If this doesn't make you question the hardcoreness of the PlayStation brand, then I don't know what to say anymore. You must be blind if you can't see what's going on. -- you want me to name other bundles?

Why didn't you address the 3rd point?

Did you not have anything to say?

Oh god, here we go again...

Eight Days was NOT cancelled in favor of EyePet, and I would really like to get a valid source on the claim some of you guys are making.

Sony said that they didn't have enough resource to finish all their games within London Studios, so they cancelled some of their big projects in order to get things in order.

How hard is that to understand?

amp316 said:

Well, sucks to be you then. 

Around the Network
Zones said:
amp316 said:

You're a relatively new troll aren't you?  I don't recall seeing you around before.

So what things exactly was Sony getting in order when they cancelled some big projects as you put it?

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

This thread is not sarcastic

mM
amp316 said:
Zones said:
amp316 said:

You're a relatively new troll aren'y you?  I don't recall seeing you around before.

So what things exactly was Sony getting in order when they cancelled some big projects as you put it?

Awesome response Zones. You're quite a debater.

amp316 said:

You're a relatively new troll aren'y you?  I don't recall seeing you around before.

HOME, EyePet, Motion Controller, and probably many other unseen projects that we don't know about.

... And I assume you have a pretty bad memory, am I right?

Oh, and can you tell where did I troll???