By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Win7 is the future now. BEL7EVE

Well considering that as soon as Win7 is released MS is gonna pretty much discontinue Vista, Win7 will indeed become the future by default lol.

I'm still running XP with SP3... being that my computer is 5-1/2 years old I saw no reason to upgrade to the memory and processing intense Vista. I'll prolly get a new PC or laptop sometime next year, since I pretty much need a CPU/GPU/HDD/RAM overhaul way more than I need an OS upgrade.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:

Get it from newegg. Shop around. It's a great deal for Americans. The XP emulation...why do you need that? You running a proprietary software for a business? What are you running that can't run in compatibility mode?

Basically, I'm getting Windows 7(fresh install) with every feature I would ever use, for 49.99.

How would you rate the deal I'm getting?

I might need my old crap to work for some of my ongoing (or future) thesis stuff, and for certain old games, as I already mentioned.

And neweggs cheapest option (Buy Vista, get 7 for free) is still 110 dollars without expenses, so the situation didn't really improve. Meh, I can probably get one with a student license eventually - and I'm not buying anything from Microsoft without some hands-on testing, anyway.

As for your deal: Since you seem to be content with whatever W7 is at the moment, and the price will jump soon - could be worse, I suppose. :p

Warning: The preceding message may or may not have included sarcasm, cynicism, irony, full stops, commas, slashes, words, letters, sentences, lines, quotes,  flaeed  gramar, cryptic metaphors or other means of annoying communication. Viewer discretion is/was strongly advised.

Alright, so I have a question: at first it told me that if I'm already using Vista I only have to do the Upgrade and don't have to format my machine but later it tells me I have to do a clean install and format.

Do I have to do a clean install even if I have Vista or does it just let me upgrade?