By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 and 360 Owners Need To Unite

W29 said:
tordavis said:
The Wii was left out because honestly, it's hitting an entirely different demographic. BUT, I did say gamers as a whole. I think right now there is hatred in the PS3/360 camps where as Wii is just full of love. In fact, most PS3/360 owners compliment their library with Wii's. But yeah, it's really gamers as a whole. The problem hits many areas and one example is a game like Madden selling millions of copies every year with no substantial changes in the game whatsoever. EA is bleeding us dry and we don't even care. "Oooh new Madden, must purchase!" I honestly think gamers need to hold publishers and developers hostage so we get what we want. Games aren't getting any cheaper and if I'm gonna spend $60 on a game or I'm gonna support a publisher, then I should be able to get the games I want, regardless of what system I own. It hurts the single system buyers the most.

That was a good post and I agree with the post in the link you provided in your previous post. I just think we should just be cool gamers. But you will have asses that still go out and start flame wars. Good thing Hus, Gballzack and Blue3 isn't here. They would flame the hell out of this thread.

They would

"I could make Halo. It's not that I couldn't design that game. It's just that I choose not to. One thing about my game design is that I never try to look for what people want and then try to make that game design." - Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto

PSN joshmyersBV Global rank in Warhawk: 1734 Rank: Wing Leader Over 200 Mine kills
Around the Network

@joshmyersBV

You ain't never lie.

I have a 360 and a PS3. I personally think they are both fine. PS3 has not so many popular games right now, but I find them just as good.

I do always have a tendency to support the underdog in these console wars, which is the PS3. Last generation, forums were always flooded with hate for the Gamecube, so I supported that. But I remember every piece of Gamecube news would be spun negatively - especially the Windwaker fiasco.

I bet now days, if Windwaker was first released, people would be saying "Ohhh It's SO INNOVATIVE!" Back then, it was "What kiddy cartoony crap is this?"

I think it's the nature of some PS3 owners and X360 owners to hate each other. The same goes for Chevy vs. Ford, Coke Vs. Pepsi, Nikon vs. Canon, Americans vs. Canadians, England vs. France, PC vs. Mac, etc., etc.

It's the nature of humans to find a group to be loyal too. In my marketing class, we had an interesting discussion on fanboyism.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

On a side note, the only reason I refused to play Wind Waker is because they tried to pull a bait and switch on me with that awesome video they posted before they unveiled the game. I'd have been fine with those graphics and that style if those assholes hadn't put out that Link vs Ganondorf sword fight video first.

hey apostrovich...I understand about the bait and switch...I, too refused to play Wind Waker almost as a protest against Nintendo. I hate cel-shading.

That being said, I picked up Windwaker used for $15 a couple years ago and it is a wonderful game. The style works and the animated explosions are rewarding to say the least. Do yourself a favor and give it a spin...with an open mind, not with the intent to hate it. You might be pleasantly surprised.

Around the Network

Yo im gettin tired of people thinking were nerds cuz we play video games. Freakin old people dont know what there sayin.

They were united with "ps2" until micro$oft came and started buying everything and made the xbox to kill the world with fanboys.

NIntendo vs sony, the best fight. Basicly they dont fight they make games for everyone, and thats what matters :D.

mM
goddog said:
can we form voltron?

If we can´t form Volron you can count me out...

@ leo: I don´t need to form Voltron to pound you sorry logics... old people and MS out to kill the world with fanboys ??? Yeah... they are all out to get you and Sony...

@super-etecoon: Wind Waker is great, I used to hate cel-shading too but it´s grown up and WW was one of the first to prove how great it can be.