By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you think that someday the final fantasy series will die?

Everything must come to an end, at some point or another. Such is the wisdom of the universe.

Around the Network

rest assured, u will die first :P

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Actually, I'd like to change my answer. Final Fantasy will be around until gaming is around. The only way I can see the series dying is if video gaming dies altogether.

no, same goes for mario halo etc etc.

while the game finds it ways to evolve it never will.
final fantasy especially never have the same gameplay story or characters or music.

NO, unless all talented developers will leave Square,
and after seeing how Square was doing eveyrthing possible to ignore PS3 users and please x360, this is very possible.
There is chance, that Kitase and Nomura will leave, after they complete their games.

But, if they will stay, then no worries, Final Fantasy will be coming for a long long time.

You people, should klnow, that FINAL FANTASY is only a BRAND, it not the same game every time, it`s DIFFERENT world, DIFFERENT characters, DIFFERENT experience system, DIFFERENT battle system and MANY other things.
The common, what FF games have are summons, chocobo`s, and sometimes muggles, Cid, Biggs and Wedge.

FF FTW!

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network

The FF series will die in the year the Mario series dies

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

It will one day, it seems like Square-Enix wants XIII to be a series, with so many games bearing the Final Fantasy XIII name it seems like SE is going for that big bang of a finally.

But I could be compelty wrong

if will die eventually but even that can be a very long time. However it will definitely not be any time soon. FF is SE flagship games that is loved by millions as well as keeping SE afloat so it would be stupid for them to end it b/c they'd be out of business

well, nomura, hironobu, nobuo, and yoshinori cant live forever you know

@9chiba

So can there never be new people as good who can replace em?

ofcourse there can be

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey