By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Confirmation on $399 PS3 (link inside with pictures)

NJ5 said:
jjseth said:

And at the time of the "clearance" of the 60gb, Sony was quoted as saying that production costs had dropped to the point at that time of breaking even.

You'll have to provide a source for this one. Last I heard, they said that they were expecting to break even "later rather than sooner", and they weren't sure it would happen before the end of the fiscal year. This was on their latest fiscal report conference, where they wouldn't tell lies to their investors...

That was back around mid July when I read that.  I'll have to do some digging to find out the exact quote, but it did come direct from Sony themselves.  And they were quoting the 60gb prices, as I'm sure the 80gb and the now 40gb will cost even less to manufacture then the 60gb were at the end of their run. 

It's common for electronics prices to drop considerably when they are mass producing them.  Processes get smoothed out, there are fewer failures as the QC improves as well as the manufacturing of the parts.  

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

Around the Network

oops.... wrong link. :P

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

darthdevidem said:
MORE PICTURES

OF A POSTER:

http://forums.gametrailers.com/showthread.php?t=191314

ALSO

PLay.com is TAKING PRE-ORDERS for it

a respected UK Videogames selling site (like Amazon)

Wait, Fifa 08 instead of PES 08?  This is madness!  But seriously, wtf.  PES is way more popular than Fifa, and EA keeps sticking it to Sony time and time again.  Why would they do this?

jjseth said:
Well.. this is even easier.

The $399 version costs $494 to manufacture

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/06/28/news_6128295.html

Immediately when I saw the number "494" I knew what article that was. That's from Summer '05. >_<

jjseth said:
Well.. this is even easier.

The $399 version costs $494 to manufacture

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/06/28/news_6128295.html

Thats really old, as in before the PS3 launched

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Around the Network

Yea... I realized that which is why I edited it. I'll continue digging and not post anything till I find it.

Get your Portable ID!

@Akuma587

I'l try to take that as a joke...lol

HERE that bundle will be HUGE

in UK especialy where PES is very popular

£299 PS3 with PEE will obilitrate everything, xcept for DS n wii (maybe)

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

FIFA o8..damn

I though it was PES

BTW

Why can't I EDIT my post on FIREFOX??

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

Argh...why is it that whenever there's a picture that "could" confirm something, it's always fuzzy and ineligible (aka, details of that 490 something euro). Wish they'd take a more focused picture.

Currently loving my Wii x2, Xbox 360 Pro & Xbox 360 Arcade, and Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Limited "Cloud Black" 160GB PS3

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW

well its on play.com so i am convinced.

Does anybody know how much it will cost in the UK (pounds not euros)?