By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Confirmation on $399 PS3 (link inside with pictures)

Looks like it will be October 28th, and it will be $399 according to this document from Best Buy.

LINK

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

Around the Network

October 28th?

But I want it now........

:(

Patience Montana. I'll be honest, when I first heard the rumor I thought it would be great, but honestly didn't believe that it would debut at $399.99 and apparently it includes the pack in Spiderman 3 movie.

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

That is great! Wonder what 40GB ps3 lacks.

Well, 45 days from the FCC completion date that information will be released. That was September 4th, so that would be what? October 19th? Unless Sony releases all the new info on the new PS3 on October 12th.

Get your Portable ID!

Around the Network

ah..i dont care about 40gig ps3, but what will happen to the price of the 80gig??? $499 with motorstorm???

Currently loving my Wii x2, Xbox 360 Pro & Xbox 360 Arcade, and Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Limited "Cloud Black" 160GB PS3

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW

This will help them a lot as far as market share goes these holidays. Still, I think its financial suicide to drop the price $100 when your already losing money =

I would guess that they would drop the price of the 80gb bundle. Again, their short term goal is not to make record profits, but to expand marketshare for the PS3 as well as Blu-Ray. In the long term, the profits will come, especially if this helps bump Blu Ray into the HD standard.

Get your Portable ID!

Wel Well, what a bad kept secret...

I really hope this helps PS3 now

NOW

to speculate on the other 2 announcements on Oct 12

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

This still seems rather counter intuitive to me. I mean they abandoned the $100 cheaper 20gb model because it didn't sell. Now they are basically reintroducing it. Yes, the 40gb will retail for less, but when dealing with multiple sku the lowest end one doesn't seem to sell well.
Still I guess they have to do something to remain competitive.