By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your top 5 games you've ever played?

Which 5 games top all others in your opinion? For me....

1) Halo:CE (xbox) - say what you like, for me it was an incredibly contained, and enthralling experience. The storyline didnt break barriers, but it had enough twists and turns to remain compelling, this coupled with the stellar music and the amazing atmosphere (which was  missing from the two sequels), and the funnest gunplay on a console for its time cements it at the top of my list.

2) Final Fantasy X (PS2) - my favourite out of the 3D final fantasies, loved the art style, atmosphere, storyline - just the whole world of spira. It also, unlike most other FF's, gave every character a reason for being there (the whole guardian thing), which is something alot of games, even now - struggle with (mass effect being a prime example)

3) Diablo II (PC) - love this game, though its ostensively quite a shallow experience it has incredible depth. Funnest co-op game around, and the amazing atmosphere, and loot dont hurt.

4) Bioshock (360) - What can I say, more than any other game its plot completly shatters the fourth wall. From a purely artistic standpoint its completly unmatched, and its fun to play as well!

5) Final Fantasy IV (SNES) - for me it was the first "true" final fantasy game, i.e to be primarily character and story driven, loved every moment.

Around the Network

Straight from my profile:

Favourite Games: Chrono Cross
Alundra 2
Valkyria Chronicles
Assassin's Creed
Megaman Legends I & II
Silent Hill
Beyond the Beyond
Any Dance Dance Revolution game

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Chrono Trigger
Mega Man 2
Super Mario World
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Kingdom Hearts

That covers quite a bit of ground IMO.

Justin said:
Chrono Trigger
Mega Man 2
Super Mario World
Kingdom Hearts

Is probably no.6 on my list :D far superior to the sequel.

1.The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
2.Super Mario Bros. 3
3.Pokémon Gold &Silver
4.Final Fantasy VII
5.Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
6.Michael Jackson's Moonwalker

Around the Network

1: LoZ: twilight princess
2: LoZ:OoT
3: Kingdom hearts 2
4: Tales of symphonia
5: Metroid Prime

In no order apart from 1 & 2.

1. Shenmue.
2. Shenmue 2.
Guardian heroes.
Streets of Rage 2.
Sonic and Knuckles.

5.Goldeneye
4.Perfect Dark
3.K.o.t.o.r
2.Banjo Kazooie
1.Viva Pinata

1. Suikoden 2
2. Baldurs Gate 2: Shadows of Amn
3. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
4. Final Fantasy 7
5. Xcom- Enemy Unknown/ UFO Defense

Chacron said:
Justin said:
Chrono Trigger
Mega Man 2
Super Mario World
Kingdom Hearts

Is probably no.6 on my list :D far superior to the sequel.

The fact that the first one had a coherent story line makes up for the miniscule gameplay improvemnts in the second one.  Also, magic was made almost pointless in KH2.  I hope and pray KH3 will not have a gibberish plot to go with the better camera from KH2.