By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bend over, and get ready for the violation that is...DJ Hero

any interest i had for this game is now gone.

Around the Network

The title of this thread made me laugh.

The price of this game also makes me laugh.

The fact people will buy this game... makes me cry.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

theRepublic said:
Onyxmeth said:
theRepublic said:
Onyxmeth said:
theRepublic said:
Onyxmeth said:

I don't get it. Can someone explain to me the issue here? Guitar Hero and Rock Band are expensive games. We've known that for years. What gave you all the impression this was going to be any different? I'm psyched for this. It seems highly original.

I spent $110 dollars total for (all brand new, nothing used):

Guitar Hero 3 bundled with the wireless guitar controller

and

Guitar Hero: Aerosmith bundled with the wireless Aerosmith guitar controller

So you will have to forgive me if I think that it is silly for only one game and one accessory to cost more than all of that combined.  Also, based on the stand alone pricing I've seen for these accessories, I decided that the games alone are only worth about $20.

I don't understand your point. You obviously didn't buy them day one at that price, since their original retail were $90 each, so if you're more of a budget gamer, then just wait until DJ Hero hits a price you're more comfortable with. Simple as that. I just bought GHIII two months ago and I spent $10 on it, but that's just the way I roll. I'm not going to expect one of those games to be in that price range the moment it releases. My point was I don't see what the big deal is with this particular game since it's in the same price range every other peripheral based rhythm game is.

I bought Guitar Hero 3 within the first month it was out.  I bought the Aeromith version within six months of its release.

Ok again, what is your point? This is a thread bitching about Europeans getting fucked over in price exclusively by this one game DJ Hero. You're talking about not liking the retail price of all peripheral based rhythm games. It's a lovely argument, but it just doesn't have anything to do with this thread.

Also do you have anything chronicling GHIII being sold at retail for $40 one month after release as opposed to say...a sale? I'm fairly sure the game was retailing for $90 for quite a while.

Check my edit. GHIII started at $70.  I'm pretty sure it wasn't a sale because it was supply constrained at the time.  It took me weeks to find in stores.  It was sold out everywhere I went.  Why would there be a sale on that?  It was Aerosmith that got price slashed shortly after release.

What this has to do with the thread is that it is over priced for every region.  Although it's worse for the Europeans.

I think you and I are on different pages here. The way I interpreted the OP was that DJ Hero is being singled out as overpriced, not just part of a bigger overpriced model from EA and Activision. So basically I was arguing that DJ Hero is not expensive in comparison to it's bredgren. You're talking about them all being overpriced in general, which I believe is not what the OP was saying.

To interpret the OP the way I see it in a single sentence, I read it as "DJ Hero is expensive in comparison to Rock Band and Guitar Hero".

Also, if you only saved $30 out of $140 total, that's really not a big deal. I didn't realize you were talking about the Wii versions either. I'm a much cheaper gamer than you are. I spent $10 for GHIII new and traded somebody a copy of Boom Blox and a classic controller for his Guitar Hero: World Tour guitar for 360. I understand how much these games are, and I won't spend anywhere near full price on them. I just don't think DJ Hero is any more of a ripoff than GH or RB are.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Whoa.

I was excited for it, but I'm going to have to wait for a price cut. $120 is steep!

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Now this will suck, and it will have shitty music unlike guirtar hero, well, guitar hero es bad, I prefer rockband anyways.

Around the Network
Onyxmeth said:
theRepublic said:
Onyxmeth said:
theRepublic said:
Onyxmeth said:
theRepublic said:
Onyxmeth said:

I don't get it. Can someone explain to me the issue here? Guitar Hero and Rock Band are expensive games. We've known that for years. What gave you all the impression this was going to be any different? I'm psyched for this. It seems highly original.

I spent $110 dollars total for (all brand new, nothing used):

Guitar Hero 3 bundled with the wireless guitar controller

and

Guitar Hero: Aerosmith bundled with the wireless Aerosmith guitar controller

So you will have to forgive me if I think that it is silly for only one game and one accessory to cost more than all of that combined.  Also, based on the stand alone pricing I've seen for these accessories, I decided that the games alone are only worth about $20.

I don't understand your point. You obviously didn't buy them day one at that price, since their original retail were $90 each, so if you're more of a budget gamer, then just wait until DJ Hero hits a price you're more comfortable with. Simple as that. I just bought GHIII two months ago and I spent $10 on it, but that's just the way I roll. I'm not going to expect one of those games to be in that price range the moment it releases. My point was I don't see what the big deal is with this particular game since it's in the same price range every other peripheral based rhythm game is.

I bought Guitar Hero 3 within the first month it was out.  I bought the Aeromith version within six months of its release.

Ok again, what is your point? This is a thread bitching about Europeans getting fucked over in price exclusively by this one game DJ Hero. You're talking about not liking the retail price of all peripheral based rhythm games. It's a lovely argument, but it just doesn't have anything to do with this thread.

Also do you have anything chronicling GHIII being sold at retail for $40 one month after release as opposed to say...a sale? I'm fairly sure the game was retailing for $90 for quite a while.

Check my edit. GHIII started at $70.  I'm pretty sure it wasn't a sale because it was supply constrained at the time.  It took me weeks to find in stores.  It was sold out everywhere I went.  Why would there be a sale on that?  It was Aerosmith that got price slashed shortly after release.

What this has to do with the thread is that it is over priced for every region.  Although it's worse for the Europeans.

I think you and I are on different pages here. The way I interpreted the OP was that DJ Hero is being singled out as overpriced, not just part of a bigger overpriced model from EA and Activision. So basically I was arguing that DJ Hero is not expensive in comparison to it's bredgren. You're talking about them all being overpriced in general, which I believe is not what the OP was saying.

To interpret the OP the way I see it in a single sentence, I read it as "DJ Hero is expensive in comparison to Rock Band and Guitar Hero".

Also, if you only saved $30 out of $140 total, that's really not a big deal. I didn't realize you were talking about the Wii versions either. I'm a much cheaper gamer than you are. I spent $10 for GHIII new and traded somebody a copy of Boom Blox and a classic controller for his Guitar Hero: World Tour guitar for 360. I understand how much these games are, and I won't spend anywhere near full price on them. I just don't think DJ Hero is any more of a ripoff than GH or RB are.

No worries.  It's cool.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

You rule so hard, Activision!