By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Halo 3 = $130

Read it and weap, Originally rumored to cost a measly $99 US dollars, Microsoft has reevaluated the pricing for the Legendary Edition of Halo 3 putting it more in line with its namesake. The new "estimated" retail price is a legendary one hundred and thirty dollars. Ah, that's better. So, what does the dedicated Halo nerd get for his $130? First, the luxury of owning an item that is promised to be released in "limited quantities" only. Next, two supplemental discs with a "Making of Halo 3" documentary, featurettes, and an AV calibration tool on the first and remastered "cinematic material" from Halo 1 and Halo 2 (a refresher course, if you will) and exclusive Red vs. Blue and This Spartan Life content on the second. Deep breath ... and you get a collection of Halo 3 storyboard art. Now you could always get the standard one for $60.

Around the Network

or you could just get neither

Dallinor said: or you could just get neither
Ahhhhhhhhhh.....good point lol

Locally, blockbuster has a posting that they will take in any 4 game trades and you get the legendary edition for $10 or the regular edition for free ... If this is true I think I'll go find hundreds of copies of Barbie horse adventures and an ebay account

kotaku says that the regular game, with none of the helmet or other extras, will be $60.

Around the Network

dallas said: kotaku says that the regular game, with none of the helmet or other extras, will be $60.
the helmet is about the most nerdish thing I have ever heard of. I can just imagine die hard xbot fans sitting there with it balancing on their heads, actually believing they are the master cheif. lol

NintendoDemise said: dallas said: kotaku says that the regular game, with none of the helmet or other extras, will be $60. the helmet is about the most nerdish thing I have ever heard of. I can just imagine die hard xbot fans sitting there with it balancing on their heads, actually believing they are the master cheif. lol
See it on youtube soon

Good to see this site is still going 

By all accounts, Halo should be $50, since its MS, and every MS game is $50 thus far.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

That's what I was thinking. I was thinking... Regular. 50$ (dont ship many in the first shipment... say 250,000) Premium. 75$ (ship say 2million) Platinum. 130$ (ship say 35)

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

I'm surprised they're putting Red and Blue with the game...does MS officially support them?

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )