By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger Discussion Thread

Flame said:
I'm a jin user his Drive is pretty awesome for my combos i create with him. I like to freeze them then throw off a special.

Btw shadowblind, how is it a joke using bang with the ps3 controller? I'm not getting the problem with him and the ps3 controller.

Bang relys mainly on defensive techniques, especially with his drive. So you must use the triggers alot, and every time I do I end up Barrier bursting when I should be teleporting behind the opponant with his drive. Also, during his Fu-Ki-Ra-na(whatever) hes much harder to control well with a D-pad then an analog stick.

I'm loving Jin's air attacks. Alot.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Around the Network

I got the game yesterday and love it. I've only gotten about an hour so far to play it, so I'm sure I suck. I got to V13 on arcade mode on whatever the default difficulty is, but couldn't beat her. I was using Noel, but if everyone is using her I think I'll pick a different main. She is easy to use though, and looks pretty bad ass. Maybe I'll give that cat girl a try, or that wierd blob of goo. I had a hell of a time fighting him, so maybe I'll try using him.

Either way, I might be on later this afternoon for a game or two online. We'll see. Over all, loving the game. Best fighting game I've played in a long long while.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Shadowblind said:
Flame said:
I'm a jin user his Drive is pretty awesome for my combos i create with him. I like to freeze them then throw off a special.

Btw shadowblind, how is it a joke using bang with the ps3 controller? I'm not getting the problem with him and the ps3 controller.

Bang relys mainly on defensive techniques, especially with his drive. So you must use the triggers alot, and every time I do I end up Barrier bursting when I should be teleporting behind the opponant with his drive. Also, during his Fu-Ki-Ra-na(whatever) hes much harder to control well with a D-pad then an analog stick.

I'm loving Jin's air attacks. Alot.

Ah ok im getting you. I'm not really good with him either and i noticed his delay between attacks. I normally rush my opponents in Blazblue, like i did in GGXX with Ky, Sol and Chipp.

I'm starting to realize a great strategy for fighting Jin's with Carl. I beat around 5 people in a row. I think I'm starting to get the hang of using him.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Just beat arcade mode on Hard with Jin Now lets go for Very hard mode...

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Around the Network

Sorry I missed your invite Outlawrun, I didn't even noticed I had it. I must've been playing the story mode or something. I'll check you next time so you can kick my ass.

I'm really really really impressed with the online though. I just played several rounds and I'm blown away by how smooth it runs. Even smoother than Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD remix. It's super easy to get into a match, I love the replay function and again, it's silky smooth. I played three rounds with Tao, and one with Jin. My first match I played as tao and got my ass kicked by a Noel D spammer, and got pissed so I switched to Jin (who I see as being a cheaper character for a newb at least) and fought a guy using Tager, and felt bad for kicking his ass because here I am using a super newb friendly character and he's actually trying to use Tager (who I here is super hard to use). So I went back to Taokaka. Lost a match against a Jin User (but I at least but up a fight) and then fought a Ragna user and it was an epic battle. He won the first round, I won the second but both of us had our health so low you couldn't see the yellow. He played dumb and tried to keep his distance and I just threw fishbones at him until he died (I wasn't about to be stupid enough to approach knowing he doesn't have any projectiles and I do, that was his mistake). And the third round came down to the wire, but I pulled it off. Nothing as exhilarating as winning a hard fought match. Really really enjoying this game.

Hey shadowblind, I'm going to send you a PSN friend request if that's ok so we can play a couple rounds sometime. If anybody wants my PSN to add me for a game or two it's Vagabond7, just be sure to mention Blazblue in your invite so I know it's somebody from here. Happy hunting fellows.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

I don't own the game and it surprisingly wasn't even on my radar. I would see the occasional thread on it here especially from you shadowblind but never opened them. Finally I see a thread stating IGN gave it a 9.4 and decided to google it and check it out. Btw, I was always intrigued at the sigs i'd see of it, it was certainly provacative to my eyes but i've been to busy.

Yesterday I saw the gametrailers video review (they gave it a 9). HOLY FUCKTARTS!!!! This game is the shyyyyyyyyyttttt!!!!!!!!! First off, it is beautiful. Good god, among the best artwork for a video game I have ever seen.

Secondly I love it has it's own take on a fatality. Loved it in Mortal Kombat and I think I love it more here. I like the games direction. It goes against the grain and then chops that grain. The devs decision to put the storyline front in center instead of the means to an end fighting game storylines usually are is something I welcome greatly.

The fighting. The fighting animations in this game look so fluid and arcady. Fast paced hardcore action. My favorite part is the characters. They look so provacative. The characters make you wanna know just who they are and whats their story. That coupled with amazingly detailed artwork from the characters to the environments that contain them make this game a must buy and one of the best fighting games ever developed.

All this from a guy whose yet to actually play it. I'm buying it this week though and I'm very excited. Maybe the summer well ain't as dry as I thought it was.

dcIKeeL said:
I don't own the game and it surprisingly wasn't even on my radar. I would see the occasional thread on it here especially from you shadowblind but never opened them. Finally I see a thread stating IGN gave it a 9.4 and decided to google it and check it out. Btw, I was always intrigued at the sigs i'd see of it, it was certainly provacative to my eyes but i've been to busy.

Yesterday I saw the gametrailers video review (they gave it a 9). HOLY FUCKTARTS!!!! This game is the shyyyyyyyyyttttt!!!!!!!!! First off, it is beautiful. Good god, among the best artwork for a video game I have ever seen.

Secondly I love it has it's own take on a fatality. Loved it in Mortal Kombat and I think I love it more here. I like the games direction. It goes against the grain and then chops that grain. The devs decision to put the storyline front in center instead of the means to an end fighting game storylines usually are is something I welcome greatly.

The fighting. The fighting animations in this game look so fluid and arcady. Fast paced hardcore action. My favorite part is the characters. They look so provacative. The characters make you wanna know just who they are and whats their story. That coupled with amazingly detailed artwork from the characters to the environments that contain them make this game a must buy and one of the best fighting games ever developed.

All this from a guy whose yet to actually play it. I'm buying it this week though and I'm very excited. Maybe the summer well ain't as dry as I thought it was.

You definitely need to get it. Everything you said just now is pretty much true. The art direction is fantastic, the characters are all unique and fun to play as. Even though this game only has 12 characters, I feel there is more variety in these 12 than most games that have 40 or so characters. Their fighting styles are all so varied and unique.

The story mode is really cool with alot of cutscenes and decent voice overs, and there is a ton of story to unlock. With branching story paths, and different ways to get through each characters story, even if you beat their story you'll probably need to play through it again to see everything. I (thought) I had beaten Ragna's storyline and I actually only have it at 38% complete. It's a very anime story line, so hopefully you like anime. But compared to other fighting games this is frikkin "War and Peace".

I highly recomend this. I'm not even a huge fighting game fan, but I am super addicted to this game.

dcIKeeL said:

Ohhh, yes, awesome game. Its taking me longer to get used to PS3 controls for BlazBlue, but I'm getting the hang of it :P so I'll be able to fight you no matter which system you buy it for.

The only problem I have right now 'could' be considered a spoiler, so i'll put it in blocks: Did the True Ending REALLY just end on a fucking CLIFFHANGER?! If that really is the true end, then exactly NONE of your questions will be answered.

Ready when you are vagabond  I'm a bit crappy right now after switching consoles, but heck, never get better unless I fight some.

Surprisingly won my first two ranked matches with Jin, both against Noel unlocking a trophy for "Get "First Strike" five times in a row". Still not very good yet though, and it doesn't help having a Japanese manual. I don't suppose someone could scan the US manual?