By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted 2 falters, no local co-op for Uncharted 2

dsister44 said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Isn't this becoming increasingly common? I imagine that if you want a good looking game, you won't have co-op of some sort or another. Yeah, it's a negative, but not much of one. Halo 3 is one of the leading games in the shooter genre that has splitscreen co-op, but it also has below average graphics.

I would rather have splitscreen then beautiful graphics

I completely disagree. Not because I'm a graphics whore, but because this is Uncharted. The way people in this thread are talking about how important co-op is you would think none of them have even played Uncharted. The game is meant to be a single player experience. As far as I know only certain parts/missions of Uncharted 2 are meant to be played in co-op, the rest is still just Nate. I will admit, I'm dissapointed that there will be no split-screen co-op, but if puting it would have meant visuals that were inferior to the first Uncharted then I completely understand where they are coming from.

Around the Network

I dont see what the big deal is, for a game that wasnt even going to have any MP elements at all, now is leaving out a part of it. Wasnt the co-op parts supposed to be like Resistance 2, where it was a separate story/missions? If thats the case whats the problem?

This doesn't phase me. I don't know anyone IRL anyway

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

@Munkeh - You are barking at the wind. I agree with you 100%.

I can understand some people being upset about the lack of local split-screen, but it's not a feature I would ever use. I really dislike the staggered screen in World at War and it seems like more developers are implementing it.

I like the approach that Resistance 2 and now Uncharted are taking with a dedicated online coop campaign. The standard approach that some designers are taking is very frustrating. They tack on a useless partner that tags along with you throughout the game. Also, they seem to shoe-horn in some level design features to make it appear like this additional character is necessary. All of this would be great if you are playing with another person, but when it is AI controlled, it sucks. I am glad that ND spent the time and resources to develop a dedicated coop, rather than trying to implement a bad splitscreen sheme like COD5.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Local multiplayer? What is this the N64 era? Splitscreen with gimped graphics is soo 1997.

Around the Network

If it's going to compremise the awsome experience then YES TAKE IT OUT!

Meh, it's not that big of a deal to me. I dislike straining my eyes to view a smaller portion of the screen anyway.

Still, local multiplayer and co-op can still have its moments (like playing Warhawk for example).

Who gives a shit.

Co-op is vastly overrated.

SHMUPGurus said:

It's a "no big deal" for me. Uncharted 2 will be a great game with or without a Co-op play. They already said that they have to compromise the Visual. I don't want that and it's not worth it for me.
If posted already please lock the thread.

Well... that's a weird way to put it. I'd take fun with my bro and friends over graphics anyday, but I guess it's different for everyone.

This is what I hate about this generation, too much focus on graphics and less about the fun. I thought we would see more local multiplayer games because of the technical capability of the new consoles, but I guess it's not going to happen still. It is different playing with people beside you than going online and using a headphone and stuff. This is also why I hate The Conduit for not having local multiplayer! :(

But yeah, at least the online is still there. I guess we'll have to rely on this option for many new games to come now.

It's not weird BTW. You are making me look bad. . My friends doesn't have a PS3 and they don't play games (Console games) as much as I do. We play NBA live and 2k9, DOTA, Left4dead and MMO's and we play play basketball all the time. Just to put it short my friends is not much of a gamer than me.

Uncharted 2 doesn't need a Co-op IMO, It's all about the story that's where I will get most of my fun and add that with a stunning graphics. 

I definitely agree, and you got the wrong impression about me. I am not a graphics whore. 

^^@Xen: "Who gives a shit."
People who like co-op games would be my first guess...

Proud Sony Rear Admiral