By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Starcraft2 boycott.

People are now boycooting the long awaited sequel to starcraft.

Reason:Bizzard announced today that Starcraft 2 will not feature LAn support.

What do you think.

Gintama is the funniest show EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Proud owner of all currnet gen consoles.

I not a big wii fan

Okita the sadist.

Around the Network

I think we should boycott boycotts.

Ha ha, what? LAN support is alright, but there is no way I'm boycotting Starcraft. I've been waiting for this baby for over a decade, I'm getting it no matter what. You boycotters can sit around and not buy Starcraft if that suits you. I'll just have lots of fun while you ask for LAN support to be added.

Meh... I prefer girlcotts.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

I'm sure blizzard will be crying into their piles of money about the 2,000 people that decide to boycott it, and especially the 200 that actually stick to it instead of buying it day one because it's such a fucking awesome game.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

I will def buy this game! But to not add LAN support is pretty lame in my book. RTS games always have this function right?

MontanaHatchet said:
Ha ha, what? LAN support is alright, but there is no way I'm boycotting Starcraft. I've been waiting for this baby for over a decade, I'm getting it no matter what. You boycotters can sit around and not buy Starcraft if that suits you. I'll just have lots of fun while you ask for LAN support to be added.

I think the point of the boycott is so Blizzrd will add Lan support. I can't see it being that hard. Although, due to the bolded part, I completely agree with this statement.

I'm undecided on this game. I don't care about the LAN play, but I want to see how the separate game for each race thing turns out before I commit.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

I thought this was confirmed a long time ago. Maybe it was just rumored.

Most of the people who are boycotting are from the pro-gaming community, cant say I blame them. Unless blizz has some magic under their sleeve with bnet I think they will have to put in lan. Theres already like 7 petitions online with over 25k signatures and will prolly get bigger.