By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dewy is looking pretty Eewie...

Man, this game just plain bombed.  Has anyone actually played it?  Is the game bad or was it just completely overlooked?  Any predictions on lifetime sales or how Konami will react?

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network

This is one of those games which, as Reggie pointed out, is being done by a "4th string" dev team instead of a 1st or 2nd.

Much like Elebits, Konami seems to believe they can get away with making games which have as little money invested into them as possible for the Wii.

The sad part is, no matter how few copies of it have sold, they probably still made a profit.

They licensed the Open Dynamics Engine for free for Elebits and probably did the same here.

Konami seems to be big into the "dirt-cheap crap games which can't possibly lose money" paradigm. 

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

From what I've seen, it looks like a good game. I'm a sucker for that sort of whimsical junk.

It's a shame to see it completely overlooked, but as far as I know the game hasn't been promoted at all. I guess it's possible that it could have weak first week sales but long legs since it's not really the sort of game that people run to the store to buy but it might be the sort of thing that people pick up when they happen to see it. How things turn out depend on word of mouth.

Really the best Konami can hope for is that it becomes a cult favorite.

"Ho! Haha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust!" -- Daffy Duck

Yes, there's that too.

They don't promote their Wii games, at all, it seems.

Did anyone else know DDR Wii is out? I didn't know it was out until I saw it on a Gamestop shelf.

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

There has already been at least 3 threads on this Dewy game. Those that played it liked it.

Around the Network

It's above mediocre, not bad. Completely bombed, though. Hope Konami goes brings mature-like games on the Wii (Castlevania, please). Games like Dewy are Nintendo and Capcom style, not Konami.

It's a fun game. It's not anywhere near the best the Wii has to offer and is being completely overshadowed by everything else amazing coming out (not just on the Wii) but it's still a good game. Without a doubt it's worth a rent and if platformers and puzzle games are your cup of tea it's worth a buy.

I would rate it somewhere in the 7.5-8.0 range, probably 7.9 maybe an 8 if the last level wows me.

dont want to be nasty and i'm sure there is a market for Dewy somewhere but i'm still peeved at konami since they wade that "people who own a Wii dont want to play games like Silent Hill" remark and i'm personally glad this bombed, I want them to approach the wii more open minded in the future and hope this makes them rethink their attitude a little.

Those people that think they're perfect give a bad reputation to us who are... 

"With the DS, it's fair to say that Nintendo stepped out of the technical race and went for a feature differentiation with the touch screen, but I fear that it won't have a lasting impact beyond that of a gimmick - so the long-lasting appeal of the platform is at peril as a direct result of that." - Phil Harrison, Sony

@routs - One of Konami's oldest series is Goemon, therefore this is game is just as much like Konami as Capcom. Just not the games that Konami is popular for in the US.

The reviews are putting it in the high 6.x and low 7.x range typically. So it's not nearly as poor as Lair, but not a very good game overall.

You might be better off buying DDR for the Wii.