By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dewy is looking pretty Eewie...

This game suffers from the same problem a lot of games do: presentation aimed at children with a difficultly level only adults will be able to conquer.

Banjo-Kazooie had the same problem but it still sold a great deal better.

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

Around the Network

The sales of this game, and the "concern" about 3rd-party Wii games in general, just seems to me that developers are trying to make Wii game bomb, so that they can justify them leaping to the PS3 without actually looking at the full situation of the market.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Look. I was in absolute love with Elebits on the launch. Seriously, I thinked the whole thing like an original, colorful, enjoyable adventure.

I was hoping Dewy's Adventure would come the same way, since they're from the same team. DAMN HOW I WAS WRONG!

I'm seriously disappointed whit this game, the controls are terrible and go against anything "easy to think". They're ridiculous. The sound effects are so horrible that your ears can explode in sugar. Not that sugar is bad, but excess of sugar, kind of thing that let you ANGRY with it...

Oh well, how I was disappointed :(

^Click on cards to level'em up!!!^ =D

Dewey's Adventure wasn't a bad game. It definitely wasn't the best game by far and it had its fair share of frustrations, but overall it's a fun game.

I think the "Tilt n' Tumble" gimmick has been done to death already and that detracts a fair amount from the game.

Koroinpa and Mercury meltdown have also done it and it's wearing thin now.

I'm sure that after Ghost Squad, RE:UC and some of the other lightgun games hit, we'll declare those "done to death" as well, though the Wii is still the best platform for them.

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks