By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - starcraft comic, need helpful critique

yeah i was originally going to go with 8, maybe I'll change it back.
I wanted it to look 1337

Around the Network

maybe I should change it to 120 players. lol

anyways, what do you think about the dialogue revisions for the first one.

I'll probably just submit it now, I can submit as many as I want.

I think the first one is fine the way it is.

For the second one, I think there's too much dialogue. Comics need to be simple, you gotta setup your plot quickly and effectively.

First panel: Introduction of the ghost and the reaction from the marine, firebat.
Second: Have them pick on the ghost (pick your favorite line, you can also make one of them a good guy like Khuutra suggested)
Third: Just the ghost leaving (Maybe use the line "I'm gone!" and a bubble coming from off screen from the marine like "Yeah good ridance"
Fourth: Marine "Ghosts are so lame"
Fifth: "Nuclear launch detect"
Sixth: "Ohhh shit" from Marine (if you decide to make the firebat a good guy you can add something like "You and your big mouth!"

Signature goes here!

I'll make one like that too and submit both of them.

I updated with a new comic. This time, FARTJOKES! Nice!

Around the Network

Too much dialogue per panel.

Take a cue from a lot of professional (or simply recognized) comic strip creators and cut down on the the words per panel.  Also, consider making your panel-size a little larger and focusing more on expanding vertically than shrinking things down to fit horizontally like you are now.  We're not in the Sunday-paper era of comic strips where vertical room is so much more important than horizontal room afterall.

Thanks WoW.
I have another revision, but my internet is spotty and cannot upload to photobucket yet.
I made the page about 4 inches taller, removed about 15 words, and added some nice artistic effects.

good progress, i like the new work

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection