By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Some retailers skeptical about PSPgo's chances of success

Who?
I'm still getting one.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
So the PSP go! is the Chevy Nova of this generation? No Va in Spanish means 'doesn't go or doesn't run'

In case anyones wondering about my meaning, what im truely implying is that the PSP Go! Name may be a total oxymoron and oxymoron according to the Websters online dictionary means 'A rhetorical figure in which incongruous or contradictory terms are combined, as in a deafening silence and a mournful optimist.'

Hopefully I've cleared nothing up and you remain even more confused than before.

don't worry, squilliam, sony it's japanese.

neither spanish, si va :P

it will go up ;).

PSP Go will sell millions since it's portable and sexy. The target consumer is not the 12 year old American teen who browses those threads, it's the rich educated adult gamer.

Saying PSP library is weak is hilarious considering gems like Gran Turismo, MGS : Peace Walker (the real next MGS by Kojima) or LBP are incoming this year and will add to numerous other gems already released such as god of war, final fantasy, MGS portable ops or patapon...

Plus, talking about sales, if you think PSP sales are weak, then 360 sales are weak too since they sell roughly the same worldwide. Or is the 360 a failure ?

Whatever 12 year old MS fanboys think, the PSP is already a huge success with nearly 50 million units sold worldwide (nearly twice more than 360 units sold).

^ Rich educated adult gamers wait for the price cut they know is coming!

Btw it was down YOY by about 50% this week.

@

Xoj:

jajajajajajajaajajaja

Tease.

Regarding retailers and the PSPGo, what incentive do they have to stock this in the first place? Will there also be cards to sell for game downloads so the retailers can make money off of this? Are enough accessories going to be available? Maybe the damn thing costs so much because retailers are making more than just a few bucks on the hardware for once?

If none of these three things fall into place, then I ask why anyone will order many of these in the first place. It would seem to not benefit retailers at all at first glance.

Does anyone have any hard facts on how Sony is going to keep retailers interested in stocking the PSPGo?

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

of course retailers arent going to like the idea of the psp go. all games are DL, which completely cuts out the middle man from any profit.

The middle man is... the retailers.

Big shocker!

but I do think $250 is overpriced and will definitely come down to $200 within 6 months.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

Loool, I never even heard of those stores, anyways all major stores will have them, plus the only reason why the old PSP's did not sell good b/c Sony basically abandoned it software wise, but they started to support it again.

Well, damn anyone who buys it for 250 dollars. Sony just never learns, they seemed to forget they are the underdog here. I hope they wake up one day.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Will PSPgo be releasing alongside Gran Turismo Portable?

I have a bad felling that the PSP Go wont be as good as the frist PSP
because its more money and you will have to down load every game.
Sony is really pushing for download only games.
and this might be a pet project on there part, because
they have said that there future is all download able games

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3