By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Am i spoiled?

You are only spoiled if this affects your personality in a negative way. This means that you are used to things getting handed to you, and don't realize that someday it won't be like this anymore. I get a lot of things from my parents, though I know that it won't always be like that and one day I will have to get these things myself.

Around the Network
Esmoreit said:
I would say that is spoiling, yes. I got my last system when I was 11... started working at 12 and payed for all my games and consoles since then myself. Honestly, you learn to respect the value of money a whole lot more when your parents stop giving you high-prices gifts and you have to earn them yourself. And drankly if your 16 now I'd say that your parents are quite late at teaching you this.

This is where I stand on the issue also. Considering you(the OP) had the desire to create a topic on this site asking us about this shows a lack of maturity in the first place. Why do you need to ask us whether we feel you're spoiled or not? Just asking the question shows you're probably being babied far too much at home.

You should be able to legally work by 16 no matter where you are, so unless your parents are gung ho about you putting full concentration into school, which would make the buying of three consoles within a year thing even more odd since it's very distracting, I don't see a reason why you aren't earning your own money at this point and paying for your own hobbies.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

I bought a PS1, PS2, PSP, Wii and PS3 all myself. And I'm in highschool. I do work every time I can though. The only thing I didn't buy myself was gameboy color in early 2000.

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

Yes, ur very spoiled lol. I wish every kid on this planet could get a new console in each gen from their parents.