By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most Overrated Game ever? A pointless rant

"Jarrard said that Bungie definitely wants to expand to become more than a 'one-trick pony' and is currently in the exploratory phase for new, non-Halo titles. But don't expect confirmation of a table tennis game as their next project."

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=29329

Called it

VGChartz forums: the new gamefaqs

Around the Network

I love the Halo series but even I have to admit that the hype is overwhelming the series. It's probably the best FPS series on a console but it's not perfect.

Other overrated games IMO:

- FFVII (enough about this game already, there are older FF games just as good)
- MGS3 (talk about a 2004 game stuck with 1996 controls... Give me Splinter Cell all day long)
- Metroid: Prime (it's okay but I think Metroid FPA is a lousy idea... not a fan of moving from 1st to 3rd perspective)
- Half-Life 2 (the fact that it's ranked above HL1 on GameRankings pisses me off to no end, still a good game though)

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

These type of threads are overrated. I mean come on if you think Halo is average, overrated, or retarded then stop talking about it. Why get so upset if Halo gets a crap load of hype compared to other games you like? Just enjoy your games and dont care what gets hyped.

Halo??? What is this you speak of??

Super Smash Bro's Before Hoe's

rocketpig said:
I love the Halo series but even I have to admit that the hype is overwhelming the series. It's probably the best FPS series on a console but it's not perfect.

Other overrated games IMO:

- FFVII (enough about this game already, there are older FF games just as good)
- MGS3 (talk about a 2004 game stuck with 1996 controls... Give me Splinter Cell all day long)
- Metroid: Prime (it's okay but I think Metroid FPA is a lousy idea... not a fan of moving from 1st to 3rd perspective)
- Half-Life 2 (the fact that it's ranked above HL1 on GameRankings pisses me off to no end, still a good game though)

Amen to that ~.~ Add anything by iD to the list. I loved Doom 3 but more for the fact that I had a flash like and I good smack cans around then anything else. For all I know it was a game about being a high school janitor.

Around the Network
AntiFanTard said:

Amen to that ~.~ Add anything by iD to the list. I loved Doom 3 but more for the fact that I had a flash like and I good smack cans around then anything else. For all I know it was a game about being a high school janitor.

High school janitor... Bwahahahahahah, oh that's great.

Doom 3 sucked. I don't know how else to put it. The game was just completely flat to me and I ended up beating it only after I lost interest in it four or five times (a very rare thing for me and FPS games).

I think the only reason I beat it was so that I could uninstall it afterward and never think about it again.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Every final fantasy game after 7 and 2 of 3 mgs then media acts like those games can do no wrong

Yeah, Halo 3 is definetly overrated. It is a great game... Don't get me wrong, but it isn't that great.

Hmmm...this guy stole my avatar.

Game of the year.

Now Playing: Guitar Hero III (Wii)

derekderekderekderek said:
Every final fantasy game after 7 and 2 of 3 mgs then media acts like those games can do no wrong

Hey now hold on just a second. Final Fantasy 9 was passable. Come on. That upside down stage was brilliant.