By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - AHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Okay, before I rant, I want to say that I think Halo is a very good game. I'm one of the crowd that thinks: "This is a good game, but it's not really innovative. It just brought to consoles what us PC gamers have enjoyed for years."

So it's always a pet peeve of mine when I hear people give Halo credit for innovating specific play mechanics that I'd been messing with for half a decade.

Today, the new 1up show gives credit to the Bungie devs for implementing the new and original playback option. With just a click of your button, you can record your play and then watch it later. This, apparently, is a great innovation.

Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Once again, Halo is a very well made game. Thank you for your time.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Around the Network

I think this is great and haven't previously done it. Only drawback is that you can't apparently record clips in the campaign which really sucks as I have some great moments I wanted to record and send to my friends.

Bodhesatva,

so Halo3 is innovating with his "playback option" for 1up and you dont agree with this ?

Sorry I dont get it ;(

Time to Work !

Ok people, what was that lesson we should ALL know by now?

NEVER TAKE 1UP SERIOUSLY. THEY ARE ALMOST A JOKE SITE. 

"1up, I want you to meet my friend Fraps. Mr. Fraps, this is 1up."

I'm with you on this one Bods, even when I think Halo 3 is a very well produced game, it's nothing amazing or innovative (the massive marketing campaign doesn't counts). But still is a good game.

Whats innovative to some might not be to others.

I fail to see your problem with the 1up thing, has any one else done it if not then its innovative.

Around the Network

Is your H key sticking down or something? jk
Ya don't take 1Up seriously, I hate that site.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

nothing innovative about it, except that it brought this stuff to the console if you want to call that innovative.

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
Engelos said:
Whats innovative to some might not be to others.

I fail to see your problem with the 1up thing, has any one else done it if not then its innovative.

Ugh... why do people think everytime something is done on a console it's the first time it's ever been done?  FRAPS has been around for PCs allowing full video recording and playback of any PC game for 8 years.  As Bod sais, Halo has been great at bringing what PC gamers have had for years to consoles.

The Total War series have had free roaming play back for a long time, and now have an editing tool available as well

This feature has been seen before so I understand Bodhesatva's sentiment 

I bet if Killzone 2 would have been the first to bring these capabilities to consoles it would be heralded as the second coming of christ.