By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Unreal Tournament III Preview

@Leo-J

BioShock
Gears of War

Around the Network

Good, but unreal tournament 3 killzone 2, and heavenly sword, as well as uncharted are all on the ps3.

mM

UT3 is on 360 too, remember?

Currently Playing:

PS4 - Killzone:SF and Assasins Creed 4

XBox One: BF4, CoD:Ghosts, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5

Changing channels with my voice: priceless!!!

UT3 hasnt been shown on 360 hardware yet, it may be on the 360. But you really think it can look like that?

mM

@Leo-j

Why wouldn't it look like that?

Around the Network

@tk

Because gears of war didnt look like that.

mM
leo-j said:
Good, but unreal tournament 3 killzone 2, and heavenly sword, as well as uncharted are all on the ps3.

How many of these games are already out???

The 360 has 2 games based on the unreal engine, so yeah, I think  the 360 can run UT:3 without problems...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

@F-J

Like I said gears of war.

mM
GranTurismo said:
This game is going to be the best thing on a console since GoW, the graphics alone are better the anything to date and blow GoW out of the console waters as the best looking game out. The single player mode sounds great aswell, this game will sell so much better on the console then the PC.

First of all I agree that this is going to be one of the best looking console games for a while, easily will stay in the top 3 until mid next year.  And I mean that as a good thing, the game simply looks amazing.

But the part I bolded I have to really question, I know we don't get any PC sales numbers but UT3 at its core is a PC game with tons of features and capabilities that will only be on the PC (ie Map Editor & Mods).  The PC version is plain and simple the definitive version.  There isn't really room for interpretation on this one. It would be a major coup for any single console to outsell the PC and it might be close on combined numbers.

PS - I still think Crysis & FC2 are much closer to photorealism, but as far as sharp crisp graphics this game is right on par with those two.  And I think this game has a bit of a slightly less photorealistic art direction.  They seem to want a darker and grittier feel so the result is less photorealism and thats fine, it still looks great.  

To Each Man, Responsibility
leo-j said:
@F-J

Like I said gears of war.

Like I said 2 games based on Unreal Engine...

BTW, the 360 development aproach has more in common with a PC than the PS3, so why would be impossible or nearly impossible to make it look that good??? 

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."