By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Last gen games taht still amaze you?

Note: Sorry for the misspelled topic title. It's the one thing I always forget to proof. >_<

Post screens of those last gen games that still make your jaw drop at times. You know, the ones that were absolutely stunning upon release, and that could still hold their own today.

Here are some of my favs:

(I own it for the Wii, but I consider it last-gen graphics-wise. It's probably my favorite "last-gen" game)

I don't know why the SMS and WW pics look so crappy. It looks like IGN upscaled them from half their resolution. They don't look near as crisp as the GoW2 screen. Same goes for REmake.

Edit: Forgot MGS3. Took me forever to find that screen, and it still isn't exactly the one I wanted.  I was trying tofind the one with the Boss standing in the middle of the field of flowers.

Around the Network

Baten Kaitos 1/2.
Digital Devil Saga 1/2, Breath of Fire V. (Cell Shading)

But that was all art design/great music. Which is awesome anyway.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Fuzzmosis said:
Baten Kaitos 1/2.
Digital Devil Saga 1/2, Breath of Fire V. (Cell Shading)

But that was all art design/great music. Which is awesome anyway.

Some screens would help us to know what you're talking about. :P

Yes, but that would be some form of work, plus a nice aspect was the music, which fit the games perfectly. So, instead, just play them! Then I don't do any work, and you get to do something fun.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

i agree with the guy who said baten kaitos, those games are absolutely amazing graphically. A feast for the eyes. RE 4 is also a grea tlooking game when it was on gamecube. Same with starfox adventures.

Around the Network

Halo 1 and two still amaze me, God of war was really good, FF 12 amazed me in terms of graphics sometimes.

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

I need to get Okami one day. It looks awesome.

I also added MGS3 to the OP.

Ninja Gaiden, God of War, Okami, Halo, Windwaker, Metroid Prime, RE 4, Star Wars KOTOR

Tales of Symphonia. Still one of the best pieces of art that I have ever seen.

http://www.the-nextlevel.com/news/0403/namco/tales-of-symphonia3.jpg%E2%80%9D%20cannot%20be%20displayed,%20because%20it%20contains%20errors.">