By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How much money big minds of gaming made for themselves?

I can't say for others but I'm pretty sure I read several times at many sites that Miyamoto has a regular employee salary...

Around the Network

Last I heard, Miyamoto draws a salary , and not the royalties from his created franchises. That salary could be considerable now, provided the kind of work he does, but itd still be less than what Will Wright or Carmack have made.
One man who did not make squat is Alexei Pajitnov. Otherwise, he woulda been right up there.

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murders will foam up about their waist and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

....and I'll look down and whisper  "no."  

- Rorschach

lolita said:
I can't say for others but I'm pretty sure I read several times at many sites that Miyamoto has a regular employee salary...

Regualr employee salary meaning with shares of the company you work for given to you every year for the last thirty years? That sort of regular employee salary?

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Kazunori Yamauchi owns two of these.

I don't know if he bought them himself though. He gets a lot of "gifts" like this one from car companies for advertising their products in his games.

yeah regular salary.... one salary for project X, one for project Y, one for project Z....

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Around the Network
BringBackChrono said:
Last I heard, Miyamoto draws a salary , and not the royalties from his created franchises. That salary could be considerable now, provided the kind of work he does, but itd still be less than what Will Wright or Carmack have made.
One man who did not make squat is Alexei Pajitnov. Otherwise, he woulda been right up there.

Obviously he does not draw royalties from "his" franchises as he developed them being paid by Nintendo. The are Nintendos franchises. Otherwise, any technology company would be a joke and their engineers billionaires. They get paid to develop IC, and so does Miyamoto.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Yeah, but if you really think Miyamoto gets a regular salary of 1200 dollars a month then you need to wake up.

Since when is 1200 USD a regular salary?

I would assume he makes upwards of 500k a year, which is a regular salary.

Since when is $46000 a month a regular salary? Get a reality check please.

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/04/02/average-game-industry-salary-drops/

Miyamoto earns something from every game he made that gets sold.

@Samus Aran: I think we have different understandings of what "regular salary" means here. If it means "the average salary of the industry", then I guess that is your understanding. If it mans "being paid a salary as a employee" then that is my understanding and then 500k is NOTHING very special. There is thousands of lesser known industry people who earn more.

So, he is an employee and earns a wage. He is getting a regular salary, not working on a comission. Nintendo owns whatever he creates as they pay him a salary for creating those things.