By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How much money big minds of gaming made for themselves?

I'm insulting the countless add ons. I enjoyed the very first sims a lot. You make it look like I'm saying sims sucks and never was good.

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
axumblade said:
Samus Aran said:
You actually think the sims is a good game...? They milked it out more then Pokémon. I give him kudos for that.

He didn't say it was a good game. Start reading comments instead of jumping to the offense for no reason. x.o

"He's been making great games for nearly 20 years"

Perhaps you need to learn how to read before jumping to offense against me for little to no reason. Yeah, sims was great and so was black&white. But he also made a lot of crappy add-ons and stuff like that. Spore aint that great either.

So what does Black & White have to do with Will Wright?

Add ons for the Sim's series is obviously a cash in that got a little crazy when EA got involved.  Of course Will Wright made some fantastic games prior to The Sims, and the technoligical ideas behind Spore should allow some fantastic game development down the road.

woops wrong game, that was Peter Molyneux. I always mix those 2 up. Spore is not a great game for other reasons then cheap(I don't mean cheap in price) expansion packs. It was an OK game, but just wasn't that good imho. I ment that other game he made. Don't remember the name anymore, but it had urban in the title I think.

thekitchensink said:
Samus Aran said:
griffinA said:
I believe Miyamoto just takes a regular salary

He doesn't.

He does.  I did a biography on him once--he  is offered very generous salaries, but he's got to be the most humble man I've ever met.  Despite his position at the company, he refuses to take a higher salary than the average developer at Nintendo.  He is the epitome of a man who does what he does simply for the pure enjoyment of it.

He's absolutely a multi-millionaire, thanks to residuals from all of his gajillion-selling games, but as far as salary, it may be hard to believe, but it's true.

You've met him! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!

Signature goes here!

Samus Aran said:
woops wrong game, that was Peter Molyneux. I always mix those 2 up.

That's fine, and I loved Peter Molyneux before B&W2.

I consider Will Wright one of the most influential game developers, considering he created genres with his games.

Sim Earth

Sim Life

Sim City

The Sims

Spore

Sim Ant

Other than Will and Miyamoto the only really big money developer would be Sid Meier (he must make a killing on his games)

Around the Network

I think the ones that have they're signatures in their games should make the more money from selling. You don't see "Myamoto production" in Mario, but every game that Kojima makes there is "A Hideo Kojima Games". Like Sid Meier's Civilization and Tom Clancy's anything.