By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Left 4 Dead 2 for PS3?

1337 Gamer said:
Smashed said:
1337 Gamer said:
its a mistake Valve explicitly said they will not be releasing any games on the PS3

So whos says it won't be ported? That means team fortress 2 wouldn't have came out.

Valve said THEY wouldn't port it on the PS3, that doesn't mean EA can't.

still highly doubtful. But i guess it is possible If it is true then u have to ask your self do you REALLY want EA porting the game after the half assed job they did last time???

Personally, I don't care.. I'm not buying L4D2 anyways.. I have L4D on PC, and I don't find it as fun as alot of people say it is. I got bored after like a week.

Around the Network

3rd party exclusives are D-E-D, or dead. ( a cookie to anyone who gets the reference)

Really, would it be surprising if FFXIV, FFXIIIvs, Agent, etc goes to 360 as well? Would it be surprising if Mass Effect 2, Gears of Wars 3, Splinter Cell, Star Ocean IV, etc goes to PS3 as well?

1337 Gamer said:
Smashed said:
1337 Gamer said:
its a mistake Valve explicitly said they will not be releasing any games on the PS3

So whos says it won't be ported? That means team fortress 2 wouldn't have came out.

Valve said THEY wouldn't port it on the PS3, that doesn't mean EA can't.

still highly doubtful. But i guess it is possible If it is true then u have to ask your self do you REALLY want EA porting the game after the half assed job they did last time???

The quick answer to that would be no, but people have to realize that this isn't 2007 anymore, and port quality is better. EA did amazing with Burnout, Dead Space, Madden, soon to be FNR4, and the list goes on. So if EA wants to do a port of it, I say, let's see it and judge with our own eyes.

FilaBrasileiro said:
3rd party exclusives are D-E-D, or dead. ( a cookie to anyone who gets the reference)

Really, would it be surprising if FFXIV, FFXIIIvs, Agent, etc goes to 360 as well? Would it be surprising if Mass Effect 2, Gears of Wars 3, Splinter Cell, Star Ocean IV, etc goes to PS3 as well?

Some of those like Gears of War (and maybe Agent) will stay exclusives since the IP is owned by Microsoft/Sony. So unless Microsoft is suddenly interested in allowing PS3 games with their IPs (such as Halo and Gears), it's not gonna happen.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

I find it hard to believe EA would go through the trouble to make a mock-up PS3 box if it's not coming to PS3. The white box on the left for dead 2 page i could see as being an accident, but the PS3 box in the ps3 games section I don't see as an accident. It makes really no financial sense for them not to make a PS3 version unless Microsoft is giving them a massive(game sold quite well) deal for exclusivity - whether its a shoddy port or a good port.

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
FilaBrasileiro said:

Some of those like Gears of War (and maybe Agent) will stay exclusives since the IP is owned by Microsoft/Sony. So unless Microsoft is suddenly interested in allowing PS3 games with their IPs (such as Halo and Gears), it's not gonna happen.

I don't know about Agent, but I know Gears IP is owned by Epic Games.

Maybe they are just screwing with ps3 fans

We have no exclusives this year now!!

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Strategyking92 said:

"We"? LOL, Conzole Warz = Zeriouz Buzinezz

dougsdad0629 said:
Wouldn't that be something if Valve got so tired of 360 fans bitching about it that they decided to release it on the PS3 to a grateful userbase?

I don't think Valve would sacrafice sales just to prove a point or stick it to their second biggest userbase behind the PC.  The Orange Box sold horribly on the PS3 (not their fault, moreso EA's with the horrible job of porting it).

I just realized something though when looking through the sales charts... The Orange Box didn't get a European/Others release on either the 360 or PS3... why is that?

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

FilaBrasileiro said:
Strategyking92 said:

"We"? LOL, Conzole Warz = Zeriouz Buzinezz

Hey, I'm not the one who used the "serious buisness" quote here.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive