By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Haze Screenshots.

I think this game does add somethings new in terms of gameplay. Acting dead could be fun, and cunning if it works online (although after about 3 days it'll be classed as a n00b tactic). Covering your weapons in nectar is also really cool, if the injury doesn't kill 'em the overdose will certainly help.

Infact the whole nectar gameplay looks really fun.

It looks like it'll be fun, if it scores well (in the gameplay department) I'll be picking it up.

Around the Network

Yeah, the entire concept of one or more guys potentially ODing on nectar and going uncontrollably kill crazy on everybody else is awesome. It basically turns players into environmental hazards.

Hey all, I'm new here :P but I figured I had to start somewhere, and I've been REALLY looking forward to this game so I thought I'd chime in. Anyway, one of the things that facinates me so much about some of these concepts  are how intense they could be for the multiplayer aspects.

Like at first I thought the whole "playing dead" thing was kinda lame, until I figured out there method behind it, When the Mantel Troops "Nectar dudes" are under the effects of the drug, it alters their reality of the situation so that its far less violent, people don't scream when the die, and "supposedly" instead of leaving a dead corpse on the floor twitching and whatnot, the nectar makes your body dissapear in a very non-violent kind of way, so if in the multi-player you get shot a few times and "play dead" you will actually "dissapear" as long as there administered on the drug. 

Now From what I gathered from the article about Over Dosing, the developer actually stated that your screen will fade and freak out, then your friends AND foes will appear as sillouettes and your crosshairs will draw themselves twards the nearest target, and its up to you to "force" it away.

Personally if they can get these features to run smoothly in the multi player this game could be seriously fun to play XD 

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

sadly I get a recent video illustrating all these things but I m not able to find it ;(((

Time to Work !

Darc Requiem said:

Anyone that believes that Haze is really exclusive to PS3 is quite gullible. Ubisoft is pulling the same thing with Haze that they did with the original Splinter Cell. Which they also announced multiplatform, then timed exclusive, then exclusive, and then six months later it was on PS2 and Gamecube.

All that said, PS3 owners should be looking forward to Haze. Free Radical has an excellent pedigree. They make damn good games. Anyone saying other wise either has bad taste or is just a fanboy.

And a more recent example is the Assasins Creed shenanigans

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Around the Network

try youtube , there are a few developer walk through videos with gameplay elements being shown off.

Heeeeyyyy!!!! <Snap>

Welcome to VGCharts CronnotriggerJM, great name nobody will argue with that.

Am I the only one who greets the new guys around here ??? Get some manners people :) 

Heya ChronoJM,
The feign death feature is not really new, Team Fortress implemented it in multiplayer almost a decade ago.

Heeeeyyyy!!!! <Snap>

Snesboy said:
Game looks like plastic.
Agreed, am I the only one who thinks this looks like concept art? The only shot that looks convincing is the second off last.

MrMarc said:
Snesboy said:
Game looks like plastic.
Agreed, am I the only one who thinks this looks like concept art? The only shot that looks convincing is the second off last.

It's possible that Ubisoft touched up the screenshots. They've been known do to do so in the past. Red Steel comes to mind.