By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The PS3 related turmoil amongst 360 users

ironman said:
MikeB said:
ironman said:
MikeB said:
kowenicki said:

wait? what? whats this about a company that he owns?

funcomputing.nl   seems to be a sony site???

I link it to the official PS3 website, just to confuse and upset extreme fanboys.

Well that's stupid, it makes you look increadably biased, to EVERYBODY, not just extreme fanboys. Also, it makes you look dishonest. 

I don't think so, I think it allows me to distinguish lower IQ and extremists quickly.

It's just to poke fun at those who claim I make money selling PS3s.

Not really, I checked the link myself, and didn't know why you were linking here, but several people said you sold PS3s, I'm fairly new to the forum, and hearing them say that...especially when a few of them are fairly credable, made me think that yes, you have a vested interest in PS3...I mean, why else would you so viemently defend it while putting down all other consoles every chance you get. Seriously, I would think somebody in your position in life could be a little more adult like...guess I was wrong. 

Fairly creditable? I don't think so.

I don't put down other consoles at all, I just often counter misinformative fanboys on mostly technicals. And share my views on issues as someone who believes the PS3 provides amazing potentials.

Gaming is just a hobby to me, I do what I think is fun. I think it's fun to share predictions and insights (no matter if conflicting with popular opinion), it's a bit of a game by itself. It's rewarding if your insights are proven to be correct. I think a lot of fanboys make wild statements just to spread the gospel, without actually believing what they say. I don't think they honestly believe I have a financial interest in the PS3, it just suits their agenda to pretend.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network

While the 360 is a decent system, PS3 is simply more powerful and it was also voted more classy.

Good job Mike B.

I don't remember who said MikeB tries to sell to Sony his version of the Amiga OS. It doesn't invalidate that he can be a therapist, but I think he tried to deviate the attention of his "other" investments.

Yes, he has an economic interest in some hypothetic PS3 triumph over the other consoles.

MikeB said:
ironman said:
MikeB said:
ironman said:
MikeB said:
kowenicki said:

wait? what? whats this about a company that he owns?

funcomputing.nl   seems to be a sony site???

I link it to the official PS3 website, just to confuse and upset extreme fanboys.

Well that's stupid, it makes you look increadably biased, to EVERYBODY, not just extreme fanboys. Also, it makes you look dishonest. 

I don't think so, I think it allows me to distinguish lower IQ and extremists quickly.

It's just to poke fun at those who claim I make money selling PS3s.

Not really, I checked the link myself, and didn't know why you were linking here, but several people said you sold PS3s, I'm fairly new to the forum, and hearing them say that...especially when a few of them are fairly credable, made me think that yes, you have a vested interest in PS3...I mean, why else would you so viemently defend it while putting down all other consoles every chance you get. Seriously, I would think somebody in your position in life could be a little more adult like...guess I was wrong. 

Fairly creditable? I don't think so.

I don't put down other consoles at all, I just often counter misinformative fanboys on mostly technicals. And share my views on issues as someone who believes the PS3 provides amazing potentials.

Gaming is just a hobby to me, I do what I think is fun. I think it's fun to share predictions and insights (no matter if conflicting with popular opinion), it's a bit of a game by itself. It's rewarding if your insights are proven to be correct. I think a lot of fanboys make wild statements just to spread the gospel, without actually believing what they say. I don't think they honestly believe I have a financial interest in the PS3, it just suits their agenda to pretend.

Oh, the irony.

While it is possible you could have a potential vested interest in the success of the PS3, I honestly doubt it.

If anything, your gospel doesn't convince others of the superiority of the PS3. And it's never made me want to run out and purchase a PS3. And I am sure others agree.

If you have some underlying motive to market and promote the PS3 to accommodate a financial stake you may have in its success, you haven't been doing a good job. So, I honestly believe what you communicate about not having a financial interest in the PS3.

Smart business men/women are very skilled at exercising tact and know what personality traits may be beneficial in influencing others.

I'm not a fanboy, I just try to tip the balance in favor of logic and common sense.

For some people the PS3 is too high brow and classy for them.

Around the Network

For me, the PS3 just wasn't a good value, you can be classy and more powerful, but the bottom line is, if you don't have the best value, you will lose, I think Nintendo showed us that with the Wii. And MikeB, I don't know what to believe about you, I am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, but threads like this one just showcase your immaturity.

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

Kynes said:
I don't remember who said MikeB tries to sell to Sony his version of the Amiga OS. It doesn't invalidate that he can be a therapist, but I think he tried to deviate the attention of his "other" investments.

Yes, he has an economic interest in some hypothetic PS3 triumph over the other consoles.

What's my version of AmigaOS? AmigaOS4 isn't owned by me at all. Amiga is a hobby to me, AmigaOS4 is a fun OS to use. I hope the project survives, eventually prospers and I think having it on the much cheaper, much higher specced, far more multi-featured (top multi-media and gaming features) and far more widely available PS3 provides far more potential with regard to attracting new users and developers than the currently available options.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Steroid said:

I hope you're being facetious. Because I cannot understand how this makes any sense.

What people have communicated this to you?

I'm not a fanboy, I just try to tip the balance in favor of logic and common sense.

I love these threads. It's really easy to tell experienced console professionals from random fans, from the guesswork surrounding the development of a game like GB.

This really helps weed out the rumors from the truth on the rest of the site. Experienced professionals (at least engineers) can't usually help themselves, when it comes to technical details, and... "enthusiasts" usually have a lot of "makes sense from a user standpoint" guesses to pitch out and have invalidated.

If people didn't get so defensive about their guesswork, they might learn something cool about their hobby from time to time, and eventually come to understand the "whys" behind a lot of seemingly confusing game industry events.

Steroid said:

What the hell does this rhetoric mean?

Who are these "some people"? Did they tell you personally?

How can a videogame machine be "too highbrow and classy"? Or did you just mean "TOO DAMN EXPENSIVE"? LOL

That's an extremist fanboy statement if I've ever heard one :)

Being in 2nd feels so much better than being in 3rd