By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - You know the PS3 is too expensive when...

When you rage every day on sony forums in VGC because you can't afford one?

or

When you think ps2 is still expensive.

Around the Network
Sharky54 said:
You know the PS3 is too costly when You could buy one and 2 games every week... Oh wait

Come on people. I only make 26,000 dollars a year. Why the fuck can I afford one every week. But some people complain "Boo hoo it costs too much" Your too damn cheap. Thats what it is. I drop like 100-200 dollars a week on PS3 games(I make about 540 bucks a week)

I consider this to be a horrible job! BTW if I include my weekly put to the side for rent then its just 1 game + a PS3 weekly. Maybe if you guys are nice enough I will buy a PS3 and 1 game a week and give it away to some lucky dude!

A) $540/week = $28,000

B) You don't pay taxes?

C) PS3 ($399) + 2 games ($100) = $499 + TAX = $540??

D) You don't eat, go to movies, bars??

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

I know you have one, but why should you complain it costs too much? I can't afford my own house. Houses cost too much!

No I rather point the blame at myself then at others.

I cant afford a house, I need a better job so I can!

See what I did there? I DIDN'T blame someone else for my problem of affording one. If you wanna get a cheaper console have fun. I went for a PS3 because I am a PSfan, and I love the exclusives. I got my PS3 last summer when I was making 200-300 bucks a week. I would have gotten it sooner but I didn't have a job!

Like others have said "Its too expensive when you have no job"
Instead of saying its too expensive, why not say you don't have enough money for one because you have no job/a bad job?

... when the 360 is much cheaper and does almost the same things.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

@Sharky54
It's not the people's problem they can't afford PS3s. It's Sony's problem. Nobody's blaming anyone for anything.

"Now, a fun game should always be easy to understand - you should be able to take one look at it and know what you have to do straight away. It should be so well constructed that you can tell at a glance what your goal is and, even if you don’t succeed, you’ll blame yourself rather than the game. Moreover, the people standing around watching the game have also got to be able to enjoy it." - Shiggy

A Koopa's Revenge II gameplay video

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
jake_the_fake1 said:

no there's no need to get 2 jobs, just save money, it's really as simply as that....I mean how hard can it be to NOT spend money untill you have enough for what you really want.

I my self have saved till I had more than enough for a HDtv, PS3 and 2 games.

Maybe people have higher priorities than playing games? Such as paying a mortgage, car loan, stuff for the kids and pets...

well in that case, I think playing games would be a really bad hobby for them.

put it this way, if you can afford a wii, then you can afford a PS3, it'll take a little longer to get as you'll have to save money but one could get it no questions asked...well apart from the obvious one and that is which console one prefers.

It isn't sony's problem.

"I want to get a PS3 but I don't have the money"

Now if you want it, but can't get it. How is that their problem?

Sharky54 said:
It isn't sony's problem.

"I want to get a PS3 but I don't have the money"

Now if you want it, but can't get it. How is that their problem?

LOL -  I could afford one every week, just like you, but at that price i consider it a rip-off.

And about that not being Sony"s problem, you're right, Sony is currently cruising this care-free generation in third place, just ahead of ... Who's in fourth place again ?

God i hate fanboys, almost as much as they hate facts

“If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people together to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea” Antoine de St-Exupery

+2Q  -2N  (to be read in french)

LoL console gamers are funny. My 24" MVA monitor costs more than ps3 and arcade put together :D

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

It's allways people complaining about the price, but no one really understands that it smarts only ONCE? After that it's FREE with it you get no online fees, controller+recharge wire, blu-ray player, and other goodies in the pack depending what version of PS3 you bought and where you bought it (I got a free GTA4 with mine).