By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - You know the PS3 is too expensive when...

NightDragon83 said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
NightDragon83 said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
When people bitch and moan about the PS3 indirectly and once it drops to a cheap enough price praise it to hell and heaven and back.

... by the time it drops to a cheap-enough price, Sony will be getting ready to launch the PS4 @ approx. $899.

It doesn't really fuckin matter lol, what i said is pretty true, drop the price to $299 and/or $149 and see all that hate from wii and 360 ONLY owners shift into "OMG I NEVAR SAD IT WAZ T3h BAD SHAT, ITS F@KING @WESOME Y3W N@rB!11" ...

Really its common to know, loath something you do not own, and when your able to have it then praise it. all my friends (original 360 only owners) once they got enough saved cash / got raises guess what happend to there original opinions? yeah... i think i've said enough.

Say WHAAAAAAAT?

LOL, I have NEVER loathed a system for being to expensive, or heaped praise on it for dropping in price!  I can't afford a BMW or a Benz right now, but I don't loath the dealers for not dropping their prices either!

I have plenty of cash saved up... if I really wanted to, I could go out and buy a PS3 160GB bundle and all 3 games that I'm actually interested in (MGS4, LBP, and KZ2) right this minute, and maybe even a couple Blu-Ray movies too for good measure.  But I won't... why?  Cuz I'm already quite satisfied with my Wii60, and I can't justify blowing money on a $500 system with only 3 games that I'm interested in when I have bills/loans to pay, regardless of what my financial situation is.

Last generation, I bought a PS2 way back when it was still going for $199, AFTER I had already purchased a GC at launch for $199, but I never bought an Xbox, even after its price dropped to PS2/GC levels... why?  For the same reasons I won't be buying a PS3 this generation... it doesn't have that many games I'm interested it, and I can't justify spending money on yet another system when I'm already more than satisfied with the two that I already have!

YES! You want bluray because everytime you turn on your HD TV and look at the horrid quality of DVD it hurts. It hurts a lot. Why are you trying to compare this generation to last generation hmm? Are you stuck in 2002?

Just 3 games hmmm? You know that's not true. There are more but you''ll never admit it. You'll never admit you jumped the gun and bought the wrong consoles. But many years from now when you are on your death bed you will confide in someone your last words: "I should have bought a PS3".

Around the Network
ironman said:
BladeOfGod said:
When over 100 000 people are buying it every week

When trolls try to defend it any possible way they can.

Ok, tell me which part of that post is wrong? Where did i lied? Where did i atacked other console?

when 4 of your friends keep borrowing your PS3 for the past 2 years and keep reminding you that by next year they will get one too.

WHEN YOUR brother breaks it when he borrows it because he can't afford one.Played it to death.

When you forget how to save an extra $100 dollars.

Around the Network
Steroid said:
NightDragon83 said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
NightDragon83 said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
When people bitch and moan about the PS3 indirectly and once it drops to a cheap enough price praise it to hell and heaven and back.

... by the time it drops to a cheap-enough price, Sony will be getting ready to launch the PS4 @ approx. $899.

It doesn't really fuckin matter lol, what i said is pretty true, drop the price to $299 and/or $149 and see all that hate from wii and 360 ONLY owners shift into "OMG I NEVAR SAD IT WAZ T3h BAD SHAT, ITS F@KING @WESOME Y3W N@rB!11" ...

Really its common to know, loath something you do not own, and when your able to have it then praise it. all my friends (original 360 only owners) once they got enough saved cash / got raises guess what happend to there original opinions? yeah... i think i've said enough.

Say WHAAAAAAAT?

LOL, I have NEVER loathed a system for being to expensive, or heaped praise on it for dropping in price!  I can't afford a BMW or a Benz right now, but I don't loath the dealers for not dropping their prices either!

I have plenty of cash saved up... if I really wanted to, I could go out and buy a PS3 160GB bundle and all 3 games that I'm actually interested in (MGS4, LBP, and KZ2) right this minute, and maybe even a couple Blu-Ray movies too for good measure.  But I won't... why?  Cuz I'm already quite satisfied with my Wii60, and I can't justify blowing money on a $500 system with only 3 games that I'm interested in when I have bills/loans to pay, regardless of what my financial situation is.

Last generation, I bought a PS2 way back when it was still going for $199, AFTER I had already purchased a GC at launch for $199, but I never bought an Xbox, even after its price dropped to PS2/GC levels... why?  For the same reasons I won't be buying a PS3 this generation... it doesn't have that many games I'm interested it, and I can't justify spending money on yet another system when I'm already more than satisfied with the two that I already have!

YES! You want bluray because everytime you turn on your HD TV and look at the horrid quality of DVD it hurts. It hurts a lot. Why are you trying to compare this generation to last generation hmm? Are you stuck in 2002?

Just 3 games hmmm? You know that's not true. There are more but you''ll never admit it. You'll never admit you jumped the gun and bought the wrong consoles. But many years from now when you are on your death bed you will confide in someone your last words: "I should have bought a PS3".

LOL, I honestly can't tell whether you're being sarcastic or not, that post is so ridiculous!

I know what you mean man... DVD is horrid... it's like watching VHS or Betamax!  Gosh, if only I plopped down $300 for a BR player (or $400-$500 for a PS3), and then dropped $30 per movie just to have a marginal improvement in visual quality... then I would feel so much better about myself!

For starters, I have a Pioneer 1080p upconvert DVD player (which cost me a mere $75) hooked up to my 50" 720p/1080i Panasonic plasma (which cost me a mere $899) through HDMI, and you know what?  I've watched the standard DVD versions of both WALL*E and The Dark Knight at home on my set up, and the Blu-Ray versions at Best Buy's Magnolia hometheater set up where they are playing on 1080p HDTVs, and guess what?  Unless you're standing like 3-4 feet in front of the screen, there is no noticeable difference in quality to the naked eye!  Not to mention the fact that HDTV broadcasts are all 720p/1080i anyway, so there's no improvement in quality AT ALL if your set is 1080p!

As for the PS3's game library... yes, you're absolutely right... because you, a totally random guy on the internet, know more about my game preferences and likes and dislikes that even I do!  Why, there's so many other PS3 games that I want to get that I'm drawing a blank and can't seem to think of any at the moment... maybe you could help me out since you seem to know what I want better than I do!

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

NightDragon83 said:
Steroid said:
NightDragon83 said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
NightDragon83 said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:

Say WHAAAAAAAT?

LOL, I honestly can't tell whether you're being sarcastic or not, that post is so ridiculous!

I know what you mean man... DVD is horrid... it's like watching VHS or Betamax!  Gosh, if only I plopped down $300 for a BR player (or $400-$500 for a PS3), and then dropped $30 per movie just to have a marginal improvement in visual quality... then I would feel so much better about myself!

For starters, I have a Pioneer 1080p upconvert DVD player (which cost me a mere $75) hooked up to my 50" 720p/1080i Panasonic plasma (which cost me a mere $899) through HDMI, and you know what?  I've watched the standard DVD versions of both WALL*E and The Dark Knight at home on my set up, and the Blu-Ray versions at Best Buy's Magnolia hometheater set up where they are playing on 1080p HDTVs, and guess what?  Unless you're standing like 3-4 feet in front of the screen, there is no noticeable difference in quality to the naked eye!  Not to mention the fact that HDTV broadcasts are all 720p/1080i anyway, so there's no improvement in quality AT ALL if your set is 1080p!

As for the PS3's game library... yes, you're absolutely right... because you, a totally random guy on the internet, know more about my game preferences and likes and dislikes that even I do!  Why, there's so many other PS3 games that I want to get that I'm drawing a blank and can't seem to think of any at the moment... maybe you could help me out since you seem to know what I want better than I do!

Relax, it's only the internet

^^^ LOL yes you're right... I think I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning... or drank too much last night... something like that.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

NightDragon83 said:
^^^ LOL yes you're right... I think I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning... or drank too much last night... something like that.

No problem. It's easy to get carried away. We all have those days.

Steroid said:
NightDragon83 said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
NightDragon83 said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:

Say WHAAAAAAAT?

YES! You want bluray because everytime you turn on your HD TV and look at the horrid quality of DVD it hurts.

Not if you have a good upconverting DVD player, or a smaller tv, or both.

It hurts a lot. Why are you trying to compare this generation to last generation hmm? Are you stuck in 2002?

There are only three games  I can think of that I would buy a PS3 for KZ2, GT5, And that mario cart like game that is coming out. So yes, yes it is entirely possible, and probably true.

BladeOfGod said:
ironman said:
BladeOfGod said:
When over 100 000 people are buying it every week

When trolls try to defend it any possible way they can.

Ok, tell me which part of that post is wrong? Where did i lied? Where did i atacked other console?

I never said you lied. I just said you were trolling because you were not stating how the PS3 was too expensive. You chose to take the defensive fanboy rout and say that it was selling really good. Not exactly the point of this thread. It's a joke thread, start laughing kid.

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!