By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Splinter Cell Conviction on PS3? NEVER, says Ubi

PC it is then.

I'm pretty excited about this game (the flash backs playing on the walls in the presentation for MS conference at E3 was really interesting).

Around the Network

well since its on PC too its not really an exclusive so...

anyway Ill be buying this game day one

O-D-C said:

Exclusive in the console market.

Hisiru said:
O-D-C said:

that's not true at all, the moment another version exist it's multiplatform.

PC only games are PC exclusives.

u can get it for cheaper on PC also, and with better graphics depending on your setup.

I'm more of a Splinter Cell guy, but I don't like the look of the game (thank god it looks nothing like it did from 2007-8 though). I was doing ok when I saw Sam climbing the pole like the good old days, but stopped not only after he started running around and shooting, but the one scene when he was able to bash into a room full of enemies, all prepared, all pointing their guns at the door, and seeing Sam bashing through the same door and still go unscathed. If it was Chaos Theory he would just collapse after 1 second.

The only people who like this are non-fans of the original game and just want another shooter, or Xbox fanboys (don't get me wrong, there are PS fanboys that'll hype anything, and we all know what games those were) who will hype any game as long as it's exclusive.

It's sad that Metal Gear and Splinter Cell, the two rival stealth games of last gen, are abandoning their stealth mechanics now in this tough industry and economy.

Around the Network

SC main fanbase is on 360... so its a wise move.

Xoj said:
Hisiru said:
O-D-C said:

u can get it for cheaper on PC also, and with better graphics depending on your setup.

PC is not part of the Console market, so in the console market is exclusive for the 360. I learned interpretation skills when I was a child...

Akvod said:

I'm more of a Splinter Cell guy, but I don't like the look of the game (thank god it looks nothing like it did from 2007-8 though). I was doing ok when I saw Sam climbing the pole like the good old days, but stopped not only after he started running around and shooting, but the one scene when he was able to bash into a room full of enemies, all prepared, all pointing their guns at the door, and seeing Sam bashing through the same door and still go unscathed. If it was Chaos Theory he would just collapse after 1 second.

The only people who like this are non-fans of the original game and just want another shooter, or Xbox fanboys (don't get me wrong, there are PS fanboys that'll hype anything, and we all know what games those were) who will hype any game as long as it's exclusive.

It's sad that Metal Gear and Splinter Cell, the two rival stealth games of last gen, are abandoning their stealth mechanics now in this tough industry and economy.

Yeah... I was hoping for more stealth, and not more action, but this game looks great.

Hisiru said:
Xoj said:
Hisiru said:
O-D-C said:

PC is not part of the Console market, so in the console market is exclusive for the 360. I learned interpretation skills when I was a child...

Yeah but someone with a good gaming PC might choose a PS3 over a 360 since alot of 360 games are on the PC but very few PS3 games are.  So it does make it relevant, wether you want to admit it or not.  

You obviously didnt pick up on logic thinking skills though

Vetteman94 said:
Hisiru said:
Xoj said:
Hisiru said:
O-D-C said:

Yeah but someone with a good gaming PC might choose a PS3 over a 360 since alot of 360 games are on the PC but very few PS3 games are.  So it does make it relevant, wether you want to admit it or not.  

You obviously didnt pick up on logic thinking skills though

I am not here to fight against you, and you don't have argument to change what I said, have you? This is your personal thoughts, here we have a lot of people that prefer the xbox 360 than the PC (since the PC don't have Gears2 and a bunch of other great games. I am totally satisfied with the 360 graphics), you can't put your personal thought like an argument :), but wait! The PC is not in the Console Market, so..... this conversation is automatically over and don't makes sense, since we are talking about consoles here.