By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Activision threatens to "stop supporting" Sony consoles.

not making games for the ps3!

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
TheThunder said:

if I were Sony I would call him on his bluff. He would be fired the next day if he did it. Seriously think about it.

What do you mean by calling his bluff? Never cutting the PS3 price before 2012?

im thinking he mant by saying "were going to cut PS3's price, but on our time... if you dont like it GTFO!"

dizzydee_011 said:
I dare him to stop supporting. Do it dude, do it! I hate talk I'm more of a "actions speak louder than words" type of guy.

So Activision,

He's probably bluffing, but you do not want that to happen.

We're talking about the biggest publisher out there, dropping support would be a major blow to the platform.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

How is Activision the biggest publisher out there? I keep hearing so many different companies claiming to be the biggest publisher -_-;

I threaten to not buy a game from activison blizzard ever again.
Hope it helps in some way or another.

Around the Network

I think he will change his mind when Modern warfare 2 releases.

axumblade said:
NFGBlinkAC said:

How is Activision the biggest publisher out there? I keep hearing so many different companies claiming to be the biggest publisher -_-;

3 games make them the biggest 3rd party publisher out there.

call of duty

world of warcraf

guitar hero

...none of which I have any interest in.

they JUSt released Prototype as well (the only game I'm interested in buying from them).

WoW was made by Blizzard, so it doesnt help Activison Blizzard in console publishing lol

markers said:
stop supporting a console you sold an estimated 13.55 million games on?

http://vgchartz.com/games/index.php?name=&keyword=&console=PS3&region=All&developer=&publisher=14&genre=&boxart=Both&results=50&order=Hits

how bout making something great before you stop supporting a console that sells your crappy games.

That's 13.55 million copies over 29 games (467,000/game), and if you take out the top three games (CoD4, GH3, GHWT), the average drops to 235,000 copies/game

Q - So what if Activision just deciced to drop everything except for GH and CoD?

A - They probably make more Profit, because the developers would not be making these statements if they were HAPPY with the PS3.

Just to compare to the 360

38.04 million over 39 games (975,000 copies/game)

Take out the top 3 game and that's 23 million over 36 games (638,000 copies/games)

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

NFGBlinkAC said:
axumblade said:
NFGBlinkAC said:

3 games make them the biggest 3rd party publisher out there.

call of duty

world of warcraf

guitar hero

...none of which I have any interest in.

they JUSt released Prototype as well (the only game I'm interested in buying from them).

WoW is made by Blizzard, so it doesnt make them a big console publisher lol

Edit - I misread your statement - I apologize

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

JEDE3 said:
FKNetwork said:
Things certainly aren't looking good for Sony,
Activision are one of the best publishers in the industry and has some of the best games out, losing them would be the end for sony, who would want a ps3 with no COD, no Guitar Hero etc? the ps3 already has hardly anything decent out worth playing, this would just be the icing on the cake,

And remember, this threat from Activision could spark more publishers to jump on the band wagon, totally possible, let's hope so lol

Joke post?

Nope, never play my PS3, complete pants compared to a certain other console I own and PS3 has by far the worst games out of all current generation consoles.