By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Activision threatens to "stop supporting" Sony consoles.

--OkeyDokey-- said:
This, on top of the Brutal Legend thing and the milking of their franchises.

I'm starting to dislike Activision.

What Brutal Legend thing? I thought it was an EA game.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network

They didn't do it in 2007, they're sure as hell not going to do it now.

Activision can go to hell for what they tried to do against Brütal Legend. Go ahead, stop supporting, I'm not buying any of your games this gen anyway (except Diablo III).

Chill people, it's just a way of asking Sony to drop the price to $299.

It's not a real threat by no means.

XxXProphecyXxX said:
If they wanted to stop supporting ps3 they could have done it a long time ago back when ps3 was selling horribly in 2007 and with a much lower userbase.

That doesn't make sense... Back then they were waiting to see how each console sold. Now everything's out in the open.

It would be foolish to stop porting the COD and Guitar Hero games to the PS3 though.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

Well than, they can say goodbye to at least 4 milliion sold copies of every next COD game they launch

nordlead said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/59034

I think it was like they didn't get the rights to publish the game so EA picked it up and now Activision is mad or something.

nordlead said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:

Brutal Legend was one of the game that 'didn't make the cut' when Acti-Blizz merged. The project was picked up by EA after a while and eventually got to where it is today, unfortunately Activision suddenly realize that the game might actual sell some and have decided to file injunctions against the dev in an effort to get the development cost already spent back.

EA famously retorted that this was like a guy 'abandoning his wife only to protest when she finds a better looking guy'.

Don't know the entire story and I'm sure Activision have some leg to stand on, their official statement claims that Double Fine Production fail to meet several critical timeline with regards to the project etc etc.

I wonder if any of this turmoil will influence what Sony does next gen with the PS4. It seems like they may be stuck with this type of problem unless they want to drop the backward compatability for the PS3.

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

NJ5 said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:
If they wanted to stop supporting ps3 they could have done it a long time ago back when ps3 was selling horribly in 2007 and with a much lower userbase.

That doesn't make sense... Back then they were waiting to see how each console sold. Now everything's out in the open.

It would be foolish to stop porting the COD and Guitar Hero games to the PS3 though.

HUH?? why stop supporting ps3 now when its selling a lot better then it did in 2007(which was the "ps3 is dead" year) and has much much higher user base then b4?.