By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Magic: the Gathering for XBLA = bad

So me being a sucker I decided to give Magic: the GAthering: Duel of the Plainswalkers a go.  I thought I had read an article that it wasn't bad for experienced players and it seemed like something fun to do.

Boy was I wrong.

Now only do I have to deal with wierd controls and stupid timers, I can't customize my deck.  Well, let me rephrase that, I can add cards that I win but I can't take any of the cards I start out with out of the deck.

Yes, it's that stupid.

So I start winning matches and start getting these decent cards or cards that are at least better than some of the cards in your starting deck and I think I'll eventually build a solid deck. 

Wrong.

Once you figure out their backwards deck manager you realize that you can only add and take away cards you win.  That means if you want to customize your green deck you start out with, a deck that already has 60 cards, you have to add more cards that are generally high casting cost and then keep all the pointless wurms that come in the deck.  Yes, you have like four of the 5/4 wurms, two if the 6/4, and two if the 7/7 ones and you have to keep them all!

Why can I add cards I've won and not take out the pointless cards I do not want?

Oh, and I still haven't successfully regenerated a creature, or at least the one I want to.  I attack, blockers are chosen, and before I can regenerate, the creatures dies.  SUCK!

Around the Network

the original Magic game sucked as well. at least this one has cards

You should try The Eye of Judgment if you like card games. It's actually very good.

Boutros said:
You should try The Eye of Judgment if you like card games. It's actually very good.

That game was horribly unbalanced.  It turned into whoever goes first wins.

twesterm said:
Boutros said:

That's because you didn't knew how to play

Around the Network

that's not good. i was thinking about getting it. i haven't played a cardgame in a long time.

Not a 360 fanboy, just a PS3 fanboy hater that likes putting them in their place ^.^

Really thanks for the heads up i was thinking of getting it.

Boutros said:
twesterm said:
Boutros said:

That's because you didn't knew how to play

ya, ill agree. The game takes an insane amount of deck building skills and knowledge of the game. The AI duels are pathetic but the person vs person are brutal.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

BRUTAL

as a guy who still has his deck from the mid 90s (red white and black, only flying), thats lame as hell. the only good magic game was the old pc one which was kind of rpgish. the ai was dumb, but at least you built your deck.

its a strategy game people! itd be like starcraft online where you get random units and have all these dark archons or shit you may never use . . . sad.

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889

axumblade said:
yeah.....I don't trust video game versions of Magic the Gathering...x.o

I thought the online PC card game was good. It wasn't anything fancy, but it worked well. I just didn't like the idea on having to spend so much money on digial cards.

I have moved and do not have the internet at home, yet.