By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - WHEN did u give up on Nintendo?

Ive been getting Nintendo handhelds since Game Boy Colour (Except for DS - DSi). After the first few gameboys, my dad got us a Playstation. I simply loved it. I loved all the crash bandicoot and spyro games, and I liked them alot more then pokemon (I was little at the time) and then I got a PS2, liked it even more. Now I have a PS3, and I'm loving it.

Sony has never let me down (except recently losing some exclusive games). Same with Nintendo, but I sorta grew out of them. I mean, I loved Mario and Pokemon games at first... But after a while they just got boring and seemed like they were rip-offs of the older ones.

Around the Network

Well, for me, I never grew up with nintendo, I had a Genesis, even games I'd gotten back in '92 still work today.  But, SEGA was killed by Sony (I had a saturn, PSX, PS2, and Dreamcast).  So, I'm not bothered by it.  However, my PSX was stolen 2 years ago, and my saturn broke ages ago.  I've had well over 4 Dreamcasts (2 of them work) a 3rd PS2 (one broke, and other was stolen).  And now, I have a PSP as well, waiting for Tekken 6.  But, since I've had all SEGA systems after master system (isn't the genesis backwards compatable with it) and PS1-3, at some point in time, I don't really consider myself giving up on anything...

But, Microsoft.. yes, I've given up on 360.. I refuse to buy any game for it..

After GC/GBA, if they release more games like Metroid Other M and get big good 3rd party exclusives like MH3 and DQX, then they can get me back

I'll give up on Nintendo the day I'll start taking myself too seriously.

Signature goes here!

When the Capcom Five did not deliver on the Gamecube... P.N. 03 flopped, Killer 7 did not interest me, and Dead Phoenix was a dead project.... It never came out. I remember reading an article about the Capcom 5 on an EGM magazine before the Cube came out. The Capcom 5 was the reason I bought a Gamecube.

Around the Network

I think the people saying you grow out of Nintendo are possibly the ones that are the least mature. I mean saying Nintendo makes games for young kids is just plain stupid. They make games for everyone whereas some of the so-called "mature" games are just plain juvenile! So are a lot of the people who play them too...

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

I could never give up on a company that makes the best games

This thread don't make sense at all, why ask this when Nintendo is as popular as ever. What about Sega, Sony, they have lost more market share and fans than Nintendo.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

So many people gave up on Nintendo in this thread. Yet Nintendo is doing even better without them.

The irony.

^ You would think with the mass exodus from Nintendo, the company would do worse. What we see is that Nintendo is actually doing better than its ever done. Hence, irony.